Manual Quality Assurance Engineer
Arlington, VA /
North America – On Device Solutions - Tech /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
The Manual Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for QA on our mobile delivery platform. This individual will interact with business teams and software engineers to refine requirements, thoroughly test changes, drive automation as a core competency, and support software releases, using proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
About the Role:
- Take ownership of software quality, using industry best practices for automation and manual testing
- Actively participate in scrum meetings, iteration planning, and feature demos, as well as write and execute software test plans and procedures in order to identify software issues and causes
- Working on a product team, communicate testing estimates and status while continually working toward the removal of software delivery roadblocks
- Advocate use of agile test methodologies, such as behavioral-driven development or test-driven development
- Provide expertise and support to other members of the engineering teams, particularly in resolving discovered issues
- Perform manual testing where automated tests are in development or non-existent
- Create and maintain a database of known test defects
- Collaborate with project team members or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of QA experience with demonstrable automation background
- Demonstrated experience with front and back end automation tools and techniques
- Experience using Cucumber or similar behavioral-driven development tools
- Automated HTTP/Web/REST testing experience (Selenium, Capybara, Watir, etc.)
- Familiarity with Android, Microservice, and Cloud-based systems architecture
- Comfortable and willing to choose manual testing over automation when the circumstances dictate
- Must have demonstrated the ability to develop and execute test cases for complex requirements
- Mobile device testing experience, manual and automated
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication (both oral and written) skills
- Familiarity with Android Application design, tools, and ecosystem
- Experience with continuous integration systems (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, etc.)
- Self-motivated, driven, resourceful, and able to get things done
- Enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative, Agile environments responsible for delivering commercial-grade software
- The ability to adapt and learn quickly is a fundamental necessity
- Experience working with SQL, NoSQL, and other data storage and retrieval technologies
- Leader of quality automation initiatives inside an organization
- Programming experience with interpreted language (Ruby, Python, Lua, etc)
Skills & Experiences:
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.