Legal Counsel - Commercial & Privacy
Austin, TX or New York, NY /
North America – Finance & Legal /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
We are seeking a business-minded, execution-driven Legal Counsel to support our Ad-Tech products, commercial contracts, and our global data protection and compliance program. You’ll be a trusted partner to the product and business teams and help mitigate risk as we navigate new business products and services.
The Legal Counsel will have the primary responsibility for all the commercial legal affairs, regulatory and privacy compliance matters of Digital Turbine and its subsidiaries worldwide.
As a member of Digital Turbine’s global legal team, you will be expected to advise on a broad range of legal matters and support complex commercial and privacy related negotiations and processes. You will report to the Chief Privacy Officer, VP Legal Commercial and Business Affairs.
About the Role:
- Work with the best people!
- Provide ongoing legal support to the sales and product teams on commercial and privacy related topics.
- Draft, and maintain privacy compliance policies, procedures, workflows, and trainings that can scale to keep up with the company’s fast-paced growth and evolving business.
- Track relevant legislation and regulations that may affect the company’s business and advise the business in relation thereto.
- Support legal operations and new product and business initiatives.
- Negotiate and draft company commercial agreements.
- Current member of a US State Bar Association in good standing (preferable New York) or registered as in-house Counsel in the State of New York.
- 3+ years of legal experience, preferably in-house or at a large law firm, in commercial and technology-based transactions.
- Experience and relevant knowledge in privacy laws and regulations in the US and/or the EU. CIPP/EU/US certification is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent negotiating skills and active experience in hands-on contract negotiation.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Possess a proactive, can-do approach to work – this is a must as the legal team’s goal is to enable the business.
- A creative thinker, able to suggest practical and creative solutions to overcome legal challenges.
- You have a passion for truly understanding how things work.
- You are effective in a fast-paced environment where you give quick, clear, and practical legal advice.
- A background in technical environments/companies is a plus and Ad-Tech experience would be ideal!
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
Plus annual bonus and equity
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.