Big Data Engineer (m/f/d)
EMEA – AGP Tech /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
We are looking to hire a Data Engineer who wants to make long-term impact on the technical ecosystems of our business by driving transformation to our systems and architecture using insightful data. With a statistically minded approach, you will transform our data to tackle business challenges and enable new technical capabilities. Passionate about data? Want to make a real impact? Let's talk!
About the Role:
- Create highly scalable and fault tolerant technical designs working with team members (up to 5 people).
- Develop and implement data pipelines that extracts, transforms and loads data into an information product that helps to inform the organization in reaching strategic goals.
- Write high-quality code, conduct and participate in code reviews, and follow strong engineering principles and standards.
- Research the technical feasibility of new ideas and actively suggest technology improvements.
- Quickly develop a thorough understanding of the product, architecting the system and shipping production ready code.
- Write maintainable code that can scale fast.
- Support and contribute to our amazing work culture.
- Deep experience & understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, micro services architecture, data structure, algorithms and their complexities, and systems architecture
- Skilled in writing and automating tests for your code
- Proven working experience with cloud platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with OLTP databases, specifically MySQL (understanding of day to day challenges related to query execution and optimization, e.g. indexing and cascading)
- Working experience with big data aggregation frameworks (Spark)
- Experience with streaming platforms like kafka and rabbitMQ
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with C++ or any front-end framework is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
BIG DATA SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience with writing code in Scala
- Experience with Python, Spark, Airflow
- Experience with Scala testing frameworks
- Understanding of data-warehousing and data-modeling techniques
- Proven experience with writing code for spark data processing
- Familiarity with various OLAP data stores (Druid, Clickhouse etc) and their insights
- Experience with at least one columnar OLAP databases
- Familiarity with industry-standard analytics and visualization tools
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.