Lead Global Applications Operations Engineer
Arlington, VA; Durham, NC /
North America – Tech Shared Services /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
Digital Turbine is looking for a highly motivated, adaptable, and talented technical individual to join our team as a Lead Global Applications Operations Engineer supporting our On Device line of business. The Lead Global Applications Operations Engineer will use their experience applying changes in a production environment, supporting applications by troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by users or monitoring tools. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to not only successfully deploy changes and releases to production as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by users or monitoring tools, but also guiding the business on best practices and influencing decision making that will affect production operations both in the short- and long-term.
About the Role:
- Key areas of focus and responsibility for the Applications Operations Engineer will include:
- Manage and administer all production applications.
- Maintain version concurrency across 30+ production application environments.
- Manage access to production systems; perform quarterly audits and report findings.
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of production changes with internal teams.
- Implement scheduled application changes and perform pre & post-change validation.
- Handle issues reported by internal or external resources while working to ensure response and resolution times meet published SLAs.
- Monitor and maintain system health pursuant to high levels of uptime and availability.
- Troubleshoot interoperability issues between production applications and mobile devices.
- Participate in SOX compliance planning and reporting.
- Provide on-call technical support (including on nights and/or weekends as needed).
- Participate in the maintenance of technical support documentation including customer information, procedures, and processes to ensure accuracy of information.
- Prioritize workload to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Partner with internal Product and Development teams to learn about upcoming releases and features, explain issues and track progress.
- 8+ years relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to evaluate and resolve systems issues.
- Experience working in production environments.
- Background working with Linux and other open source technologies.
- Highly experienced with planning and implementing software application changes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed communication and customer service skills, with the ability to effectively engage with individuals of varying technical skill levels.
- Experience with Mobile Phone Operating Systems (Android, iOS).
- Self-motivated, driven, and resourceful, with a keen attention to detail.
- Distributed application support and cloud hosting experience.
- Experience using six or more of the following: Jira, Confluence, J-Meter, Datadog, Firebase, Jenkins, Gitlab, Graylog, PagerDuty, Databricks, AWS, GCP, Chef.
- Advanced SQL report writing, experience with Cellular Networks and Cloud hosting.
$104,000 - $130,000 a year
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.