Backend Engineer (m/f/d)
EMEA – App Growth Platform - Tech /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
We are you looking to the next leap in your software engineering career? Do you have experience with Ruby-on-Rails and are looking to become a specialist in your field? This will be the perfect opportunity for someone to step into an exciting Backend Engineer position, to work in our specialist tech hub in Berlin. All candidates will be expected to work hybrid and at the office with our engineering teams in Berlin for this role.
About the Role:
- You will be training with engineering talent from a variety of skillsets, learning the fundamental skills and frameworks to strengthen your skills as a high-performing software engineer. You will build, design, and analyze complex, highly concurrent and highly available production systems with a focus on Ruby on Rails.
- Own production systems that handle millions of requests and terabytes of information each day
- Translate business requirements into high quality code - with a core focus on Ruby-on-Rails
- Mentoring talented junior developers and be a technical focal point
- You will be attending industry events, training sessions and company initiatives to gain a well-rounded knowledge of software engineering, the AdTech sector, and the overall technology sector
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent level of practical experience)
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails
- Good experience with cloud-based providers ( GCP)
- Proven knowledge of designing and writing elastic, highly concurrent, scalable, cloud-based systems
- Experience in adopting, learning, and teaching new technologies and programming languages
- High standards for code quality, production stability, deployment process, performance, architecture, and testing
- Experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes is an advantage
- Experience in working with Kafka, or RabbitMQ is an advantage
- Experience in NoSQL databases and Spark is an advantage as well
- Experience in Python -is an advantage as well
- Experience in Postgres / Redis /MS-SQL
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.