Senior Java Engineer
Austin, TX; Durham, NC; Arlington, VA; Remote-US /
North America – On Device Solutions - Tech /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
Looking for a unique opportunity to show off your skills at a cool and exciting company? Digital Turbine is looking for an experienced Senior Java Engineer to be part of our team. This role is offering an opportunity to work on scalable distributed applications built using cutting edge technologies and services. The Sr. Java Engineer position requires a proven ability to understand and implement business requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems in an Agile/Scrum environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate must exhibit the ability to analyze and debug new and existing software systems.
DT is hiring for this position in a remote location or as hybrid role based in our Austin, TX or Durham, NC or Arlington, VA office.
Key responsibilities for the Sr. Java Engineer:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualize, build, test and ship software solutions that meet business and market needs.
- Maintain existing software systems and push technologies to the limits to help better our products and services.
- Work with geographically dispersed team members and implement scalable and cost-effective software systems that meet business requirements.
- Develop high quality software using industry standard best practices including unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration.
Job requirements for the Sr. Java Engineer:
- 7+ years of software development experience preferably with a JVM based language (Java, Scala, Clojure).
- Well versed developing commercial, enterprise scale software and with tool such as Git, Subversion or other SCM tools.
- Experience with remote data via REST and JSON and developing cloud-based software (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Strong understanding of query languages and tradeoffs between relational and non-relational systems.
- Working knowledge of key data structures and algorithms (indexing, hash tables, joins, aggregation).
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, methodologies and previous work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Experience for the Sr. Java Engineer:
- Experience with Spring Boot, Hibernate frameworks and with distributed data handling and storage technologies like Hadoop, Apache Kafka, Confluent, Apache Flume, Amazon S3, Avro.
- Experience with Java EE Application Server experience (Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish).
- Previous work with Kubernetes, container platforms such as Docker or exposure to infrastructure management technologies like Puppet or Chef utilized in a cloud-based environment like AWS.
- Experienced in data stream processing frameworks like Apache Storm, Apache Samza or Apache Spark.
- Experience with behavior or keyword driven automation testing frameworks such as Cucumber or Robot Framework and work with test coverage and testing automation.
- Knowledge and applicable experience with Agile methodologies such as SCRUM.
- Good time management skills and structured work methodology.
- Experience with NoSQL datastores such as ElasticSearch, Aerospike, Redis, Cassandra.
- Experience with build tools like Maven, SBT or Gradle.
- Previous experience working in the mobile or advertising industries.
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.