Director of Cybersecurity
AMER – Security and Compliance /
At Digital Turbine, we make mobile advertising experiences more meaningful and rewarding for users, app publishers, and advertisers — intelligently connecting people in more ways, across more devices. We provide app publishers and advertisers with powerful ads and experiences that captivate consumers, fuel performance, and help telecoms and OEMs supercharge awareness, acquisition, and monetization. In a rapidly evolving industry, we are constantly innovating and creating better paths of discovery to connect consumers, publishers, and advertisers across the mobile ecosystem.
We are actively seeking a Director of Cybersecurity who will be responsible for cybersecurity, risk management and SOX compliance of Digital Turbine. This role will be the process owner of all assurance activities ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of customer, partner, employee and business information and services. This role owns the development, review, organization and maintenance of the company’s policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements, best practices and standards for cybersecurity.
About the Role of the of the Director of Cybersecurity:
- Facilitate a metrics and reporting framework to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the program, facilitate appropriate resource allocation, increase the maturity of the information security, and review it with stakeholders at the executive levels.
- Ensure that security is embedded in the project delivery process by providing the appropriate information security policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program and partner with business and legal stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns.
- Be an authoritative voice and articulate convincingly the security risks and rationale for prioritized solutions in a risk-based approach that outlines risk tradeoffs and tolerance.
- Develop and maintain the organization's GRC strategy, policies, and procedures to ensure alignment with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Oversee and manage the GRC team, providing leadership, mentoring, and direction to ensure the team's success.
- Coordinate internal and external audits, ensuring timely resolution of audit findings.
- Provide executive leadership with regular reports and recommendations on the organization's GRC status.
- Develop security policies and procedures that provide adequate business application protection levering the company's core business requirements.
- Encourage a culture of security awareness and evangelize security best practices and principles with application development teams.
- Conduct planning of third party security assessments, namely, coordinating internal and external stakeholders, evaluating security and developing a security assessment plan.
- The execution of third party security assessments, namely, the review of security documentation and leveraging security questionnaire tools to support security due diligence from our customers and partners.
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process and artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards, and procedures) that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations.
Skills of the Director of Cybersecurity:
- Operational Planning & Project Management: Show structured thinking, planning, and the ability to execute by working through others, influencing without authority, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal skills: Communicate effectively and concisely with stakeholders, senior managers, and leaders about our programs and objectives.
- Performance Goal and Standards Setting: Develop and communicate to realistic timelines via plans that consider potential obstacles and immediate + long-term consequences.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Regularly scan the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key programs and projects.
- Ability to synthesize information, business requirements, and stakeholder needs to make informed decisions and provide recommendations.
- Ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, build and maintain respectful relationships, collaborate with others, and resolve conflicts constructively.
About you as the Director of Cybersecurity:
- 10+ years of experience in managing complex, highly technical security infrastructure environments, preferably in public clouds with Compliance and Regulatory requirements associated with publicly traded companies.
- Hands-on experience working with a wide range of cloud and mobile security technologies such as web application firewalls (WAFs), endpoint management and response tools, privileged access management tools, encryption, PKI, certificate pinning, vulnerability management, container and container orchestration security and identity and access management tools.
- Experience with Secure Software Development Life Cycle (S-SDLC), application security frameworks, design patterns, and assessment tools.
- Knowledge in DevOps and CI/CD pipeline security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering, and/or equivalent field experience.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) certified.
Preferred Qualifications of the Director of Cybersecurity:
- Professional security certification such as CISSP, GIAC or CISM.
About Digital Turbine:
Digital Turbine (NASDAQ: APPS) powers superior mobile consumer experiences and results for the world’s leading telcos, advertisers and publishers. Our end-to-end platform uniquely simplifies the ability to supercharge awareness, acquisition and monetization — connecting our partners to more consumers, in more ways, across more devices.
The company is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with global offices in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London, Berlin, Singapore, Tel Aviv, and other cities serving top agency, app developer, and advertising markets. Listed on Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for six consecutive years since 2015 and winner of Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Company Culture in 2020.
Digital Turbine is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We embed diversity in our mindset, products, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and partners, driving better outcomes.
To view our Global Recruitment Privacy Notice, please click here.