Mumbai / Bengaluru /
Shared Services – Finance & Accounting /
Directi is founded by Bhavin Turakhia. Serial entrepreneur and billionaire, Bhavin Turakhia is driven by a passion for problem-solving and maximizing efficiency through technology driven innovations. In the last 22 years, he has built 5 successful businesses, all driven by his belief that “it is our moral obligation to make an impact that is proportionate to our potential”. At 17, he co-founded Resellerclub, Logicboxes and BigRock, which he exited in a $160mn transaction in 2014. He is presently heading Flock - a suite of productivity apps, Zeta - a digital payments platform, and Radix - a leading registry for top-level extensions.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to manage legal requirements across all of our business units.
What is the Job like?
- Drafting, Negotiating, Reviewing various contracts such as Product EULAs, software licensing including enterprise licensing agreement, Service agreements, Co-Branding agreements, Channel Partnerships, employment & labour contracts and more.
- Reviewing and commenting on contracts received from third parties
- Participating in negotiations on commercial contracts
- Managing strategy and response to legal inquiries concerning business, product and vendors
- Assisting in drafting and reviewing contracts such as Shareholders Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, etc for M&A transactions
- Assisting legal strategy concerning potential legal risks or litigations surrounding commercial contracts
- Liaison with external law firms as and when required
- Evaluating implications of various laws and regulations such as Companies’ Act 2013, Stamp Duties, FEMA and other regulatory requirements, etc in relation to the agreements drafted or positions taken in commercial transactions or intra group transactions
- Strategizing and Preparing detailed briefs showcasing our arguments in litigation related matters
- Briefing external senior counsel for appellate or court proceedings
- Attending and representing Directi in litigation matters
Who should apply for these roles?
- 5+ years experience working in the legal/regulatory/compliance department of a top tier law firm specializing in tech
- LLB / LLM degree from a top tier law school
- Any additional IT degree / diploma or CS will be preferred
- Excellent contract drafting skills, and experience in drafting contracts, terms, Licenses for IT Products, SAAS, Web services etc
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Strategic thought process and good judgment and ability to think creatively
- Skills to analyze proposals, examine their legal & commercial consequences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and command over language
- Excellent negotiation skills
Benefits and Perks
Directians love their jobs, and not just because we offer the most competitive compensation in the industry. Our excellent benefits include everything from great medical and life insurance to catered meals. Our workspaces are comfortable and fun, complete with bean bag chairs, ping pong tables, and all the snacks you can eat. We have no dress code (tee-shirts are a-ok!). We have flexible work hours and flexible holidays, which means that teams pick their own work hours.
We are passionate about building the next generation of web products, and we believe that happy Directians are the key to achieving this goal. If you like the idea of working in an exciting workspace on cutting-edge internet products that make a truly global impact (and wearing flip-flops to work), then we want to get to know you!