Radix – Design
Radix is the world's largest new domains registry with 10 new extensions that include .ONLINE, .STORE, .TECH, .WEBSITE, .SPACE, .PRESS, .SITE, .HOST, .FUN and .UNO; as well as 1 re-purposed country code top-level domain, .PW. Through these extensions, Radix is empowering business owners to get short, memorable and descriptive domain names that can be used for a website, email address, or a variety of other internet addressing purposes.
Radix’s story and purpose
Radix was launched in 2012 as a subsidiary of Directi, a $1.4 bn company founded by Bhavin Turakhia and Divyank Turakhia in 1998.
Back in 2012, it had already become difficult to find short and memorable domain names amongst the available extensions. When ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) invited the initial applications for new domain extensions, it was a historic moment for the Internet on the whole. It opened a big opportunity to make internet-addresses shorter, meaningful and distinguishable. Radix committed over $30 million on the application of 31 strings comprising several generic and mass-market names. Of those, Radix acquired 7 and since then has attained three more extensions; .TECH (2014), .FUN (2017) and .UNO (2019). Radix is the world’s largest new domain registry with 5M domains under management.
These new domain extensions give an opportunity to users to register a domain name that is descriptive, keyword-rich, brandable and meaningful. Radix is thus making the Internet more organized and business-friendly.
Radix has partnered with 200+ registrars such as GoDaddy and BigRock to sell its domains to end-users all over the world.
Total strength: 65+
Total investment: US$ 45 Million
Operationally profitable: Yes
Annual growth rate: 35%+
What is the Job like?
- Well, essentially, your job is to make Radix and all its brands, look fabulous!!
- As our Creative Head, you will spearhead the design team to deliver exhilarating online and offline campaigns that will run at a global level. You will need to ensure that our designs meet the highest quality standards, deliver the brand promise effectively, and creatively capture our audience's mind-share. You will be working with a team of passionate designers, web developers and marketing professionals, and lead the entire lifecycle of our creative messaging and branding process, including strategy, conceptualization, design and implementation.
- You will deliver this responsibility as the head of our internal agency, already resourced with a team of 10 talented designers and developers. You will be receiving projects from several internal brand teams, all of which are striving towards ambitious marketing goals focused on an international audience. The type of projects include:
- Web Design / Development:
- Landing pages
- App development
- Graphic Design
- Banner ads
- Social media ads
- Social Media posts
- Brand Identity
- Brand Logos
- Brand Book and Guidelines
- Conference and Event
- Creative ideation
- Booth design
- Your job will involve:
- Recruiting, leading and managing the design and front-end development teams.
- Managing the work-flow, prioritization of projects assigned to your team.
- Performing quality control of completed projects
- Aiding UI and UX design in all app and web development projects
- Ensuring that the working processes (planning, documentation, etc) are run efficiently
- Identifying and working with specialized international and local agencies
- Adherence to project timelines
Who should apply for this role?
- Has 6-12 years in design/management experience at an advertising agency/design studio, or performing an internal agency function
- Past experience in the internet sector is preferred
- Vast experience in building designs for Print, Outdoor, Websites, Social Media and Brand Identity
- Has experience leading a team of Designers, Web developers and Artists
- Possesses strong design and graphic art knowledge
- Possesses a strong marketing acumen
- Possesses strong project management skills
- Strong Advertising and Visual Conceptualization ability
Benefits and Perks
We at Radix love our jobs. And it’s no surprise – we get to work on exciting, new projects with some of the best brains in the industry, and that too in a vibrant atmosphere that is designed to be comfortable and conducive for our personal and professional growth.
And Radix goes the extra mile to make you feel at home. We offer benefits ranging from affordable catered meals and even snacks on the house. Our workspaces are welcoming and fun, complete with bean bag chairs and ping pong tables. You are free to wear what makes you comfortable and choose the hours you keep, as a team. Oh, and we’ve got your family covered too, with great health insurance plans and other benefits.
If you like the idea of working on solutions that have a truly global impact, get in touch!