Senior Electrical Engineer
Grand Rapids, MI
Partner Position – 6794 /
Senior Electrical Engineer - Grand Rapids, Michigan
DISHER is partnered with a manufacturing company that is an industry leader in commercial vehicle suspension systems specially engineered to address the unique needs of OEMs, bodybuilders, as well as fleet owners and operators. They are looking to add a Senior Electrical Engineer to their team to bring expertise and project leadership to the team. In this role, you'd be responsible for designing, analyzing, and testing new products as well as managing the technical aspects of product lines, vendors, and customers.
What it’s like to work here:
This privately owned company is based on solid values, has a flexible, family-oriented environment, and is full of people who care. They are a stable place that values their team and treats them with respect. They encourage their team to grow and celebrate their success. It’s a place where you can thrive!
What you'll get to do:
- Reviews designs and directs design activities.
- Performs, directs, and/or reports on advanced analytical and simulation methods. Uses analytical results to generate conclusions and to provide design direction.
- Performs, directs, and/or reports on advanced testing functions. Uses testing results to generate conclusions and to provide design direction.
- Leads product development teams. Manages project timelines and ensures that all aspects of Link’s APQP product development processes are followed.
- Acts as change administrator for major product lines or OEM customers. Provides change administrator direction to other engineers working on similar product lines or OEM customers.
- Manages technical aspects of vendor development of minor new products and product changes including PPAP approval. Manages technical aspects of vendor product quality issues.
- Assists in leading development activities for individual advanced technology projects.
- Serves as engineering contact with local community programs, engineering schools, and professional engineering societies. Serves on continuous improvement teams.
What will make you successful:
- Experience leading projects required, (experience leading direct reports is not required).
- Ability to learn and apply a variety of EDA/CAD/CAE software packages as required, including, but not limited to KiCAD, Altium, Autodesk, OrCAD, Solidworks, Manage, Pro/Engineer, and Windchill.
- Intermediate knowledge of WCCA in electronics system interfaces and design, EM Immunity, and Radiated/Conducted Emissions mitigation and compliance
- Intermediate understanding of PCBA processes and methods and vehicle dynamics, vehicle suspension theory and practice, vehicle component level testing (or comparable for non-suspension products).
- Intermediate knowledge of APQP product development process, including but not limited to, DFMEA, DFM/DFA, control plans, special characteristics, and PPAP’s.
- Intermediate understanding of Six Sigma tools and techniques, including but not limited to QFD, boundary diagrams, DVP&R, and various statistical methods.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively as well as lead in a team environment.
- Can successfully manage own tasks and time with minimal direction.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering in addition to work experience or training where skills and abilities are demonstrated.
- Ability to travel less than 10%