Los Angeles, CA /
Full time (HQ or Remote)
Dispo aims to restore joy to the experience of photography. In fact, we aim to restore joy to modern life. We are not shocked that our love for the delight and surprise of disposable cameras is fun for everyone. A digital disposable camera experience allows us to reclaim our lives from our phones. Waiting for developed photos is like Christmas morning, and it allows us to use cameras to live in the moment and tell stories again. Our goal is to become the world’s home for photography’s ultimate purpose: storytelling and connection making.
Come join the team and live a little- or a lot.
As the first member of Dispo’s Android team, you’ll be crafting some of the best mobile experiences the world has ever seen.
What will you do?
- Build our Android app in Kotlin from the ground up, laying the foundations for what will become a large team.
- Build and own features from production ideation to design to shipping and maintenance.
- Influence the direction of both android and broader engineering teams as well as make key architectural decisions.
Who are you?
- Someone with minimum 2+ years of experience working on Android apps in the app store.
- An engineer with product sensibility. We are a small team and product input comes from everyone.
- Strength in Kotlin. It'd be nice to see experience with Coroutines and Flow, but it's not a dealbreaker.
- Understanding MVVM and MVI is another definite plus, as is experience and/or interest in using Jetpack Compose.
- You care deeply about performance and are comfortable using profiling as needed to get there.
- You have experience writing tests.
- You can deal with multiple axes in challenging situations: scale, uncertainty, and speed.
- Someone who wants to build an inclusive culture from day one.
- Generous compensation
- Generous vacation
- Generous benefits
- Generous food
- Generous what else? You are an early employee. Just ask.