Los Angeles, CA /
Full Time (HQ)
Dispo aims to restore joy to the experience of photography. In fact, we aim to restore joy to modern life. We are not shocked that our love for the delight and surprise of disposable cameras is fun for everyone. A digital disposable camera experience allows us to reclaim our lives from our phones. Waiting for developed photos is like Christmas morning, and it allows us to use cameras to live in the moment and tell stories again. Our goal is to become the world’s home for photography’s ultimate purpose: storytelling and connection making.
Come join the team and live a little- or a lot.
As a member of Dispo’s engineering team, you will be building scalable web services used by millions.
What will you do?
- Help build and maintain the next set of product features.
- Improve our infrastructure as we grow our user base and look to lower latency unilaterally.
- Be responsible for roadmapping as well as make key architectural decisions.
Who are you?
- Someone with 2+ years of experience working on production web services.
- An engineer with product sensibility. We are a small team and product input comes from everyone.
- Proficient with Python / Django and AWS (or comparable cloud platforms).
- You care deeply about performance and are comfortable analyzing DB queries, performing load tests or whatever it takes to improve key metrics.
- You can deal with multiple axes in challenging situations: scale, uncertainty, and speed.
- Someone who wants to build an inclusive culture from day one.
- Generous compensation
- Generous vacation
- Generous benefits
- Generous food (Regy has a Costco card now, if that means anything to you)
- Generous what else? Massages? You are an early employee. Just ask