VP Engineering (Remote - US)
Engineering – Engineering /
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission is to build the most trusted insights platform that fuels brand growth. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
The Role: DISQO is looking for a VP Engineering to join us as a strategic partner to our leadership team. The VP Engineering will report to the co-founder/CTO. This person will be responsible for and will have broad responsibility over engineering vision, strategy, execution, team development as they relate to all of DISQO’s products. This is one of the most impactful roles for the success of DISQO as we become a multi-product company, expand internationally and continue to disrupt the $80B insights industry.
The ideal Candidate: DISQO’s product and engineering team has been doubling every year and accounts for ~50% of the company’s headcount today and we continue to invest heavily in scaling our technology and our engineering teams that drive DISQO’s growth - must have experience leading large (100+ headcount) cross-cultural geo-distributed teams across multiple time zones. We are looking for an engineering leader to help scale our engineering org, products and more importantly our engineering culture as we grow and make history together. As an exceptional engineering leader, you are growth oriented and have a proven track record of building highly effective geo-distributed engineering teams who make the impossible possible. You will need to be a strategic thinker, frame & find solutions to complex engineering and people challenges, measure & drive results, and be able to move fast and maintain focus on the highest impact initiatives while keeping track of trade-offs made along the way.
What you will do:
- Scale our engineering teams and build a world-class engineering organization that engineers relish being a part of. Grow our engineering teams by coaching and mentoring our current leaders and inspiring them with a compelling vision & strategy and by recruiting additional top talent
- Act as the primary stakeholder and the evangelist for our engineering org & culture and rally our teams to reach new heights
- Partner with our Product leadership to develop the vision for DISQO’s Platform and B2B & B2C Products and represent the technical aspects/considerations of the strategy
- Use a "Product Management" mindset to engage with internal and external stakeholders to align on engineering vision, strategy and priorities that deliver measurable results. You should be able to present and drive alignment around the vision and strategy to create a clear long range roadmap.
- Define and own the Engineering OKRs & roadmap and conduct quarterly roadmap reviews
- Drive multiple high profile program work streams spanning our data, platform and product engineering teams.
- Work closely with our CTO and our product & engineering leadership to set standards around patterns, frameworks, technologies, and processes to promote a simple and consistent approach across multiple types of services
- Identify trends and promote solutions across multiple product areas by being an influencer around software architecture best practices, including quality, supportability, scalability, performance, availability, maintainability, extensibility, and security.
- Drive transparency and decision making through the product and engineering leadership team with blameless postmortems and iterative improvement programs that focus on product scale and quality.
- Role model Servant Leadership, making leadership excellence a continuous priority for your own personal development and that of your team(s)
- Embrace, model and champion all of DISQO’s values - adding to the growth of our culture
- Strong work ethic with the ability to understand and exhibit Agile principles and methodology
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of leading large cross-cultural geo-distributed teams across multiple time zones (minimum 100+ headcount)
- 15+ years of experience in software development building large-scale consumer (web + mobile), SaaS, PaaS or IaaS products using public or private clouds.
- 10+ years of experience leading geo-distributed enterprise scale engineering teams. We are looking for individuals with demonstrated repeat business growth or exit successes in high profile startups, specifically with experience building platforms (decentralized/microservice-based systems, data analytics/processing, infrastructure-based privacy software or multi-party compute platforms)
- Strong ability to inspire and guide others
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering practices/processes (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, TDD, XP) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Deep experience with AWS, modern data processing products, and microservices architecture
- Experience leading data engineering and data science teams
- Experience leading platform engineering and SRE teams
- Ability to operate effectively in both tactical and strategic capacities - You can comfortably adjust your altitude and roll up your sleeves as needed
- Experience with rapid scaling of engineering organization by hiring and retaining exceptional talent
- Commitment to product excellence and experience promoting the right balance between best practices and feature delivery
- Demonstrated experience in promoting culture and diversity throughout a large engineering organization to achieve transformational change
- Excellent communication skills for both horizontal and vertical organizational lines
- Advertising/measurement industry experience is highly desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Servant Leader and Agile DNA
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.