Full Stack Software Engineer
Glendale, CA /
Engineering – Engineering /
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and media companies get to know their customers. DISQO is the customer experience (CX) intelligence platform for understanding every customer experience. Businesses trust DISQO to power better decisions for every customer, touchpoint, and outcome. DISQO’s insights, agile testing and advertising measurement products are powered by millions of consumers on the industry’s largest opt-in consumer data platform.
Check out the DISQO Developer Blog for the latest from our DISQOTECH team.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKRs to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture and infrastructure and we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
What You Get to Do:
- Leverage your software development and data engineering skills to impact our business by taking ownership of key projects requiring coding and data pipelines.
- Collaborate with product managers, software engineers and data engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements including re-designing Data/Observability infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Design, build and optimize performant databases, data models, integrations and ETL pipelines in RDBMS and NoSQL environments.
- Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and governance.
- Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to the customers
- Be an engaged participant and advocate of agile/scrum practices to ensure health and process improvements for your team
- Define best practices around making our systems and services measurable and work with our various teams to get those best practices applied
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to ensure our Jobs are emitting the right metrics
- Collect, aggregate and visualize the collected metrics to provide actionable insight
What You Bring to the Role:
- 5+ years of experience working in a fast-paced engineering environment
- A desire to make an impact on the future of a great company serving some of the most influential brands in the world
- Must have significant experience building and shipping MVC and/or state-driven UIs, preferably with Vue.js or React, and have a productive relationship with HTML and CSS.
- Professional experience architecting high-throughput databases in some flavor of SQL.
- Code management experience including GitHub and some form of CI/CD integration.
- A plus if you have experience in AWS (ECS, RDS Aurora, Lambda, API Gateway, MSK, S3, Elastic Transcoder, Others), Streaming Data Pipelines, Python (Flask, SpaCy), SVG and Canvas, WebRTC, Web Sockets, Heroku, Electron, CI/CD
$120,000 - $140,000 a year
This is a structured hybrid role based out of our Glendale, CA office. Your pay will be determined by your experience, work location, and other applicable factors.
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Team offsites, social events & happy hours
·Commuter FSA (for hybrid employees)
·Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
·2023 End of year recess
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.