Senior Accounting Manager
Glendale, CA /
Finance & Accounting – Finance & Accounting /
DISQO is the CX platform for understanding every customer experience. Businesses trust DISQO to power better decisions for every customer, touchpoint, and outcome. DISQO's insights, agile testing and advertising measurement products are powered by millions of consumers on the industry's largest opt-in consumer data platform.
When you join DISQO Nation, you join a community that values trust, transparency and innovation. We invest in our employees and apply a bottom-up management approach, rooted in the concept of servant leadership. We approach each day eager to learn, grow, and make a lasting impact. Best of all, we have fun while doing it!
We're seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Accounting Manager to lead our accounting operations. In this pivotal role, you will be responsible for establishing and implementing financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to support company reporting and compliance. Reporting directly to the Controller, you will play a critical role in ensuring the integrity of our corporate accounting function by providing strong leadership, process expertise, technical knowledge, and fostering effective business collaboration.
You will be managing a team of professionals handling general ledger accounting and accounts payable. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, excels at managing multiple competing priorities with autonomy, and consistently demonstrates exceptional judgment and problem solving skills. This individual should have technical accounting experience that can be a thought leader as well as an operator. If you are a highly motivated accounting professional with a proven track record in managing accounting operations, driving process improvements, and providing leadership, apply for this exciting opportunity!
What you get to do:
- Manage the GL accounting team, accounts payable, CapEx, and compensation accounting, taking a hands-on approach.
- Oversee day to day accounting activities to ensure compliance with GAAP and internal policies.
- Oversee the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes
- Optimize the month-end close, implement pre-close activities, and streamline the close calendar.
- Collaborate inside and outside of finance to streamline necessary changes and build scalable processes to support growth while also ensuring accuracy, compliance and integrity.
- Provide guidance on technical accounting issues and present alternative solutions when needed.
- Research accounting issues, perform technical accounting analyses, and implement new accounting guidance as needed.
- Ensure complete, accurate, and audit-ready documentation to support the accounting treatment of any new and/or complex transactions.
- Oversee and manage future financial audits.
- Analyze existing systems and identify opportunities for automation and cost reduction through new or improved systems. Lead project activities from start to finish, including proposing recommendations to stakeholders, obtaining and negotiating vendor quotes, implementing solutions, conducting integration, performing end user acceptance testing, and more.
- Drive career development for the accounting team, providing the necessary leadership and structure for the team to excel as the company grows.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc projects as required
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA required
- Minimum 8+ years blended corporate/public accounting experience with 4+ years of people leadership experience
Experience must include:
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Experience implementing or reimplementing COA and Segments required
- Experience setting up Process and SOX documentation required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing requirements and priorities to meet both internal and external needs.
- Experience at a high-growth software or media company a plus
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
This is a structured hybrid role based out of our Glendale, CA office. Your pay will be determined by your experience, work location, and other applicable factors.
You can read more about what’s happening at DISQO by visiting the DISQO Developer Blog or the DISQO Company Blog.
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Team offsites, social events & happy hours
·Commuter FSA (for hybrid employees)
·Catered lunch and fully stocked kitchen
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
·2023 End of year recess
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.