Glendale, CA /
Legal – Legal /
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and media companies get to know their customers. DISQO is the customer experience (CX) intelligence platform for understanding every customer experience. Businesses trust DISQO to power better decisions for every customer, touchpoint, and outcome. DISQO’s insights, agile testing and advertising measurement products are powered by millions of consumers on the industry’s largest opt-in consumer data platform.
Who We’re Looking For:
DISQO is looking for an experienced, practical, versatile and business-minded attorney with at least 5 years of relevant experience. As Commercial Counsel, you'll have primary responsibility for negotiating and drafting DISQO’s contracts including sales, vendor, publishing, SaaS and other agreements. Reporting to and working with DISQO’s General Counsel, you will be a trusted partner to all teams within DISQO, having a critical impact on the business.
What You Get To Do:
- Responsible for the commercial contracting function at DISQO; collaborate with cross-functional teams and serve as a key point of contact in providing legal support and guidance relating to all of DISQO’s contracts.
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial, revenue-generating agreements, including terms and conditions, master agreements, Order Forms/SOWs and other documents with DISQO’s clients; partner closely with Sales teams to close a high volume of revenue deals effectively and efficiently.
- Develop trusted relationships with all internal teams and create and/or improve internal processes to help both the legal function as well as the business generally streamline, simplify and efficiently execute high level agreements.
- Provide legal analyses of applicable laws, regulations and industry guidelines, including in areas of privacy/personal data.
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal risks, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted relationships
- Additional opportunities and responsibilities based on company’s needs and candidate’s desire to be in engaged in other areas of the business.
What You Bring To The Role:
- Licensed to practice law in a US jurisdiction
- 5+ years of combined, relevant experience in a top-tier law firm and in-house legal group
- Excellent legal and business judgment with the ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively; ability to appropriately analyze and determine practical, real-world risks is crucial
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills, and mastery of the theory that less is more in contracts
- Business-minded: ability to understand business goals to analyze risk and generate pragmatic and effective solutions to help meet those goals
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative, prioritize and balance multiple tasks in a very fast-paced environment without the need for micro-management
- Attention to detail, business-friendly, and a fantastic team player who is able to think creatively and accommodate tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and negotiate with both internal and external business teams.
- Working knowledge of data privacy and security issues
- Familiarity and/or experience in the fields of consumer insights and marketing, as well as SaaS is a big plus
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Generous PTO policy
·Flexible workplace policy
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to Employees
·Access to personal and professional growth tools - Calm App & LinkedIn Learning
Note: The benefits noted above are for full time US based employees only.
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.