Senior Marketing Research Events Manager
Marketing – Marketing /
DISQO is changing the way that the world’s largest brands, agencies and consumer intelligence companies get to know their consumers. We’ve built the first identity-based platform that combines consumer attitudes and behaviors together to power the most accurate and predictive insights solutions for our customers, and we do all of that with the willing participation of our consumers and without using outdated technologies like third-party cookies. We help our customers get a cross-platform view into consumer sentiment, measure advertising effectiveness, analyze consumer purchase journeys, and ultimately grow their brands.
Our mission at DISQO is to engage people to share their opinions and behaviors openly to help our customers make the right decisions. With over one million active members sharing their attitudes and behaviors, DISQO is looking to expand, improve and create world-class applications for people to openly share their data for research.
Who We’re Looking For:
Imagine that moment when you are sitting alongside your colleagues at a big round table at the end of the night while the stage crew starts dismantling the set in front of you and your head of sales, turns and he says to you “I made a million dollar deal here today, thank you.” Imagine helping the CMO of a Fortune 100 company find a cab after your exclusive client roundtable and she tells you it was the best business dinner of her life. Imagine slacking the head of demand gen with a crying with joy emoji to let her know your inbox is filling with webinar registrations so fast you can’t even open them. Imagine telling the head of insights that their hard work on the ground-breaking whitepaper is going to pay off big time because you secured a keynote speech for them to deliver the paper at THE industry event of the year. Imagine tracking the leads that came in from the sponsored breakfast workshop you hosted and seeing in Pardot that it influenced millions in new client revenues. If you deliver events that smash records, defy expectations and drive growth, let’s talk.
DISQO seeks a Senior Marketing Research Events Manager to oversee and manage the planning, execution, and management of high-level, business critical events, trade shows, conferences and webinars. You’ll work closely with numerous internal stakeholders and external partners to plan and execute our in-person, virtual and hybrid events. You will collaborate and provide expertise (strategic, tactical and experiential) in event management to the Product Marketing and Brand & Communications teams to support in meeting annual business targets.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience managing B2B corporate events including sponsorship of employee events, industry association events, fully owned live events, intimate client events/dinners, webinars and virtual sponsorships. A full understanding of the value of an integrated business structure among Marketing, Product, Sales and Operations is essential to success in this role.
What You Get To Do:
- Develop and own the execution strategy and standards for DISQO’s participation in industry trade shows, conferences, events and meetings
- Drive both short- and long-term planning for key events and partner with the senior marketing leadership team to determine objectives and desired outcomes
- Act as a strategic advisor and be responsible for supporting stakeholders in the full lifecycle of corporate event management, including: strategy development, establishing event goals and KPIs, event sponsorships/booth purchasing, RFP processes, vendor negotiation, contract administration, travel logistics, event coordination (setup, branding, audio visual), expense monitoring and budgeting, event systems and tools management and post-event financial reconciliation
- Partner with Brand & Communications and Product Marketing in the development and planning of agendas and communication plans and materials, including invitations, promotional materials, meeting websites and other meeting/event collateral (giveaways, content, etc.)
- Ensure robust ROI on events by coordinating with Demand Gen to accurately track and follow-up on invitees, attendees and post-event follow-up.
- Develop relationships with key industry event planners in trade media and at industry associations to influence event scheduling, placement of speakers and sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop cross-departmental project management schedules that organize the tasks, staffing and resources to avoid risk and assure the highest quality event execution
- Communicate objectives, expectations, progress, and results to stakeholders for each event; identify new opportunities or programs to drive deeper brand awareness and engagement with targeted audiences
- Build event best practices and playbooks; develop and implement new processes for improving effectiveness and impact in event planning and logistics
- Push the boundaries on event experiences that amaze our prospects, clients, partners and employees
What You Bring To The Role:
- 7+ years of experience as event manager in a corporate B2B setting
- A sense of the moment - the ability to know what is trending and exciting in culture, food and design
- Deep understanding of the market research & consumer insights industry with experience managing events at relevant industry and trade organizations
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to execute programs autonomously with speed, accuracy, and efficiency
- Strong organization skills with a detail-oriented outlook which provides timely follow-through and communication to all internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to communicate clearly with all individuals of all levels, including senior executives and VIPs with finesse
- A rolodex of vendors and suppliers you know and can rely on
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment with ease
- Hybrid (remote and in-person) event management experience
- Global events experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks is a huge plus
- Applicants must reside in the U.S.
Perks & Benefits:
·100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee, 80% for dependents
·Flexible work hours
·Catered lunches 3x a week
·Onsite Fitness Program
·Discounted Gym Membership
·Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
·Travel Assistance Program
·24/7 Counseling Services offered to employees
DISQO is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery, innovation, and growth are possible when we open ourselves to new possibilities, perspectives, and approaches. That’s why, at DISQO, we welcome, support, and empower individuals from diverse backgrounds. Exceptional teams are rooted in extraordinary people, each with a unique story and a compelling set of skills. DISQO does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to DISQO without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.