VP of New York, SEO
New York, NY
Distilled, a digital marketing agency with offices in Seattle, New York and London, is looking for a smart, motivated, and passionate VP to lead our SEO consulting team in New York. The role will report directly to the CEO and will form part of the global leadership team.
You are a seasoned SEO professional with a passion for growth and team leadership. You bring a diverse set of skills to the table and excel in some combination of account management, consulting, digital marketing strategy, sales, and team management. You are excited by challenges and motivated to drive business performance in collaboration with the global leadership team and CEO. You exemplify Distilled’s values and are committed to effecting change both big and small. As VP NYC, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the New York office as well as setting long-term strategy and objectives and contributing to global strategy. You will have access to support teams in other offices (such as finance, HR, marketing). With oversight from the CEO and in collaboration with the rest of the leadership team, you may structure your team however you wish to achieve your goals.
Whether you are already an executive, entrepreneur, or have extensive team leadership experience, you will hone your leadership skills with support from the CEO and leadership team. You will gain a confident understanding in making business decisions from financial data including the P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and forecasts; knowledge of how to run a business and learn how to effectively weigh up a multitude of factors when making hard decisions; skills in spotting and retaining great talent; experience on how to manage people from different disciplines; and how to get the best out of a variety of personalities and roles.
- Develop strategies for the long-term success of your team
- Hit financial targets, which will include both revenue and margin objectives
- Grow an appropriate client pipeline to deliver medium-term results
- Maintain a high standard for the work sold and delivered by your team
- Manage, drive, and grow staffing for the New York office
- Support and foster the personal development of all members on the New York team
- Attend and contribute to Distilled’s SearchLove conference series in San Diego, Boston, and London
- Support other business units and in particular, raise the visibility of Distilled’s testing-led SEO approach and ODN platform, which includes providing support for ODN clients
- Knowledgeable about SEO and confident in leading a team of expert marketers
- Experienced in the delivery of consulting / agency services to clients
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and confident when presenting your views
- Comfortable pitching strategies and solutions to undefined problems
- Seasoned account manager, deftly able to deal with problematic projects/clients
- Enthusiastic about the quality of our services, passionate about growth, and actively seek opportunities to improve our offerings
- Confident working with a creative team and with a good understanding of the creative process
- Experienced in supporting the sales process, including leading meetings with prospective clients, creating and supporting proposals and pitches and pricing
- Comfortable negotiating with clients and reading/understanding sales contracts
- Willing to collaborate with the teams in Seattle and London through occasional travel and morning or evening availability as needed.
- Competitive Salary + profit shares
- Vesting company shares
- 5% 401(k) with company match
- Conference tickets and travel to Distilled’s SearchLove conference series
- Subsidized gym membership
- Subsidized metro card
- A laptop and second monitor
- A $1200 personal budget so you can buy stuff to make you happier at work such as a new flashy monitor, a new office chair, laptop upgrade or training
- A Kindle with a few books pre-loaded
- Company-funded drinks and snacks on Friday afternoons
- 20 days paid time off, 6 national holidays, and 8 sick days each year
Distilled is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to diversity with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.