Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, CA
If you are by nature a developer who has grown to appreciate the interdependence of software development and IT operations and you are excited to help a startup, like Distil, produce software and IT services more rapidly, we want to hear from you.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Automate management of Distil's CDN infrastructure at scale. This encompasses hundreds of machines, data centers spread across multiple continents, and environments including both co-lo, managed, and cloud infrastructure.
- Built out a monitoring system to ensure 99.99% uptime across environments.
- Build out release systems that enable engineering teams to develop without having to worry about integrations or dependancies
- Opportunity to scout out battle tested, fast and scalable technologies to allow our global platforms to maintain their blistering growth
- 3-5 years experience
- Familiarity with automated deployments and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Travis CI, Jenkins, etc)
- Anything in the Hashi Tool Spread (Vagrant, Vault, Packer, etc)
- Shell scripting and any mix of Python, Perl and Ruby
- Good coding practices utilizing lint, unit tests, etc.
- Comfort with Debian/Ubuntu as well as nginx and apache configuration
- Know your way around the AWS suite of products and API's
- An understanding of networking beyond "restart your router"
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Generous salary, Equity potential and 401K with 5% matching!
- Wicked fun happy hours and socials, catered Friday lunches, awesome company retreats (SXSW, Tahoe and more!)
- Conference Allowance and Respect for pursuits outside of Distil (our employees are Chefs, Musicians, Comedians, Photographers, Artists, Dog Trainers, etc.)
- Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you, generous contribution towards family plans
Founded in 2011, Distil Networks is the leading public and private cloud security provider that blocks malicious bots, or automated computer programs, attacking your website. With a mission of making the web more secure, Distil Networks mitigates against duplicate content, improves SEO strength and accelerates the end-user experience – all while reducing infrastructure costs. The setup to stop bots is lightning–fast, secure, and completely transparent.