DevOps Engineer (Big Data)
If you enjoy working with Big Data technologies and thrive on designing and building a reliable infrastructure, automation tools, continuous deployment solutions and get energized about the opportunities working for a fast growing startup, like Distil, then we want to hear from you!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support, enhance and scale out Distil’s Big Data platform and related systems while working closely with Data Engineering and Data Science teams
- Work with engineers to establish environments for development, test and integration
- Build out release systems that enable engineers to rapidly develop and deploy solutions
- Enhance monitoring capabilities to ensure 99.99% uptime across environments
- Ensure infrastructure and systems comply with Distil’s security requirements
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Big Data / Data Science infrastructure and tools (Cloudera/Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Redis, etc)
- Good grasp of Linux systems (Debian/Ubuntu), networking and security (LDAP, Kerberos, etc)
- Familiarity with automated deployments and provisioning tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Travis CI, Jenkins, etc)Shell scripting and experience working with Java and Python
- Know your way around the AWS suite of products and API'sExperience with Docker / Mesos based deployments is a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Generous salary, Equity potential and 401K with 5% matching!
- Socials, catered Friday lunches, and awesome company retreats (SXSW, Tahoe and more!)
- Conference Allowance and Respect for pursuits outside of Distil (our employees are Chefs, Musicians, Comedians, Photographers, Artists, Dog Trainers, etc.)
- Fully paid health care, dental and vision insurance for you, generous contribution towards family plans
Founded in 2011, Distil Networks is the leading public and private cloud security provider that blocks malicious bots, or automated computer programs, attacking your website. With a mission of making the web more secure, Distil Networks mitigates against duplicate content, improves SEO strength and accelerates the end-user experience – all while reducing infrastructure costs. The setup to stop bots is lightning–fast, secure, and completely transparent.