Front End Engineer
DISTRIBUTE is a private business-to-business marketplace that connects suppliers to wholesale buyers. We’re building a platform to bring to market $600 billion per year of currently unexposed inventory, and reshaping a complex industry with modern software and network effects.
Exceptional software development is integral to our mission. At DISTRIBUTE , you’ll develop products that solve real-world problems and streamline inefficiencies that have been in place for decades. You’ll have the opportunity to transform an industry by creating the operating system for product distribution.
What you'll do
- Design and write software to help manage the complexity of product distribution
- Collaborate with product managers, designers and engineers to design and implement user interfaces that help real businesses transact and grow
- Help upgrade our frontend infrastructure to make it more flexible (we’re in the process of moving from Angular 1.x to React)
- Contribute to our forthcoming engineering blog and open source initiatives, and share knowledge with the team
What you'll need
- Strong coding skills and computer science fundamentals
- 4+ years experience developing real-world web applications at scale. Experience developing ecommerce and marketplace platforms is particularly relevant.
- Experience starting something on your own―a startup, an open source project, a programming blog, something else
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment. You ship quality code quickly and see things through to completion.
What you'll get
- The opportunity to define engineering culture on a small team
- Product ownership and autonomy
- Meaningful equity
- All the benefits: health/dental/vision, educational and career development support, catered lunches, access to a concierge service, time off for volunteer work, unlimited vacation
Our continuous releases are integrated with Travis CI and Github, and we use blue-green deployment. On the frontend, we’re in the process of moving from Angular 1.x + Typescript to React + Redux + Typescript. On the backend, we use Python/Flask, PostgreSQL and SQLAlchemy. Our infrastructure is powered by AWS, Ansible and Terraform.