Product Designer | REMOTE
Powering Trade For The Emerging Cannabis Industry
Distru is a software platform streamlining the supply chain for the cannabis industry. Many of the top cannabis brands and distributors in California use our software to manage their entire operation from source to sale. We are growing rapidly with over $500M in transactions per year passing through our platform and are in a unique position to redefine trade in the growing cannabis industry. Recently, we were funded by Felicis Ventures, Global Founders Capital, and Village Global who have funded companies such as Shopify, Cruise, HelloFresh, Facebook, Slack, Opendoor, Warby Parker, Gusto, and more.
We are an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and adapts our product to the customer. As our Product Designer, you must be able to work cross-functionally across teams, think deeply, and communicate clearly. You will be working closely with the founders, engineering team, and directly with our customers to help us define our product through iterative wireframes and high fidelity mock-ups. You will also become the champion of the customer creating magical moments that will have our customers writing you personal thank you emails like this one:
"I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools."
This is a full time remote product designer role, but we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person with some of the team.
Things you might work on:
- Improving our order fulfillment workflow that manages the entire distribution process from sale to the final delivery. This could include a mobile experience with barcode scanning, dashboard views of where orders are at in the process, and sales rep dashboards.
- Mobile experience for delivery drivers that integrates with our core app to help distributors manage dispatch more efficiently and in real time.
- Designing robust CRM interfaces including a pipeline view, granular sales reporting, gmail integrations, and sales rep tracking.
- Own key features, timelines, and deliverables
- Collaborating directly with customers, product, engineering, operational teams, and company leadership to ensure the best solution possible makes it to market
- Rapidly iterate on interactions and product design from ideation to implementation
- Communicating designs through sketches, mockups, prototypes, storyboards, design reviews or whatever is necessary for that particular release or project
- 5+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer for SAAS, supply chain, or enterprise software
- Worked directly with customers and clearly relayed feedback to engineering team
- Worked with multiple stakeholders across multiple teams and customers to scope a feature
- Strong portfolio that highlights iterative UX design, research, mobile design, visual design, persona creation, and design process
- Deep knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe CS, Invision, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, or others
- Track record of impactful research that drives great insights and user experience
- Strong written communication and experience in working on a remote team is a plus
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance fully covered
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 18 days paid time off (We want you to use these!)
Once you’re a part of the Distru team, it is our job to make sure that you’re empowered to build a high quality product that you believe in. We are a lean startup team and want everyone to feel like they have a real impact on our software and company’s success. In addition to designing, you’ll be working directly with the founding team during the early stages of a fast growing startup.
Distru was formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.