Senior Software Engineer | REMOTE
Oakland, CA /
Powering Trade For The Emerging Cannabis Industry
Distru is a software platform streamlining the supply chain for the cannabis industry. Many of the top cannabis brands and distributors in California use our software to manage their entire operation from source to sale. We are growing rapidly with over $1B in transactions per year passing through our platform and are in a unique position to redefine trade in the growing cannabis industry. Recently, we were funded by Felicis Ventures, Global Founders Capital, and Village Global who have funded companies such as Shopify, Cruise, HelloFresh, Facebook, Slack, Opendoor, Warby Parker, Gusto, and more.
We are an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and solves real problems for the cannabis industry. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work closely with our other engineers and with our customers to shape and deliver impactful workflows in all areas of the product. You will take ownership over key features that will have our customers writing you personal “thank you” emails like this one:
"I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools."
This is a full-time remote engineering role, but we are based in Oakland if you want to spend some time in person with some of the team.
- Understand our customer workflows and strive to improve their operations through Distru.
- Design, build, and maintain the Distru product.
- Develop simple and extensible solutions for complex supply chain workflows, with a strong emphasis on data integrity.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across the entire stack.
Features you might work on
- Improve our order fulfillment workflow that manages the entire distribution process from sale to the final delivery. This could include a mobile experience with barcode scanning and dashboard views of where orders are at in the process.
- Establish the mobile experience for delivery drivers to help distributors manage dispatch more efficiently and track deliveries in real time.
- Integrations with numerous 3rd party services including: billing, marketplaces, GPS tracking, calendar, data analytics.
- Ability to express complex involved logic through clean easy to understand code
- Ability to add new logic to a system with many rules in a cohesive way
- Ability to model new data in a database with a lot of different models
- Ability to interact with stakeholders to raise concerns about potentially harming aspects of a feature
- Experience writing high quality code with effective test coverage. We work in Elixir (with Phoenix and Ecto), but languages can be learned; we care much more about general engineering skill than knowledge of any particular language or framework.
- Significant experience with SQL databases (especially Postgres).
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience developing a complex SaaS product is a plus!
- Worked remotely, ideally on a distributed team is a plus! We emphasize thoughtful asynchronous communication and deep work over frequent interruptions.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance fully covered
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly terms like early exercise and extended exercise windows.
- 18 days paid time off, plus holidays (we want you to use these!)
Once you’re a part of the Distru team, it is our job to make sure that you’re empowered to build high quality code that you believe in. We are a lean startup team and want everyone to feel like they have a real impact on our software and company’s success. In addition to engineering, you’ll be working directly with the founding team during the early stages of a fast growing startup.
Distru was formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.