Sr. Software Engineer, Back End
We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to scale the virtual try-on SaaS platform. This includes design and architecture to improve throughput, efficiencies, and fidelity of our computer vision and rendering pipeline. The ideal candidate is experienced in web service architecture and has an interest in computer vision and rendering. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, technical designs, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve client problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects.
What you'll do:
- Develop highly innovative consumer-facing API’s and services
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Design and architect new software services as needed in support of our growing business
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
- Leverage your knowledge of Linux based services to improve our core technology
- Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
- Collaborate with and mentor team members
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 6+ years back end software development experience with Python
- Extensive experience with Python, Django, Flask, Linux, and AWS
- Strong analytical thinker with experience in best practices and patterns
- Solid grasp of internet fundamentals from networks protocols, to queuing, to load balancing
- Ability to communicate technical requirements both verbal and written
- Prior experience designing and implementing scalable distributed systems
- Understanding of computer hardware systems from a programmer’s perspective
- Track record of leading and mentoring team members
- Background in databases and version control for large binary files a plus
- Experience with C/C++, OpenCV, dlib, Tensorflow, Opengl, and glsl a plus
- Familiarity with computer vision, augmented reality, and rendering systems a plus
Ditto Technologies is a venture-backed technology company based in the Bay Area with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We value citizenship where each teammate is committed to doing their part for the greater good while showing care and respect for each other. We love passionate people with a zest for life and a positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, a 401K, and a flexible work from home policy. We care a lot about doing the little things well and also offer endless snacks, Philz coffee, and fun monthly team events ranging from trips to Napa, hiking Angel Island, an afternoon at MOMA to arcade game competitions. We have an amazing office space right at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland.