Engineering Manager - Remote Work
United States /
We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
Ditto is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team. In this position, you will contribute to the success of the department by leading a team of engineers, including planning, monitoring, and growing the group. You will be responsible for overseeing multiple engineering projects, making adjustments to plans when required, recruiting as needed, and for working with others within the Engineering team as well as other departments in the company. The ideal candidate should have great communication skills, working knowledge of different engineering disciplines, an aptitude for managing risk, and exceptional planning skills.
This role can be 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Serve as an engineering leader and technical expert
- Communicate and collaborate with other engineering managers as well as members of product management and operations
- Coordinate the prompt resolution of client issues and questions
- Assist in planning, maintenance, and execution of agile processes
- Manage the release process and documentation
- Confirm the accuracy of the work performed and methods used by the team
- Create plans for engineering execution and refine processes and procedures
- Determine any staffing and training needs required
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members
- Prepare and deliver engineering-related presentations within the company
- 3+ years of experience and proven track record as an Engineering Manager
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer
- Excel at finding innovative solutions to complex problems
- Cultivate credible, reliable, and authentic interpersonal relationships
- Able to adapt in a fast-paced technical environment
- Passionate about mentorship and team growth
- Understand that uniqueness creates innovation and greatness
- Achieve team success through care and respect
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science or related. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees headquartered in Oakland, CA. We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision and machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
Ditto is a distributed company supporting all roles anywhere in the United States. Employees also have the opportunity to work from our Oakland office. Our distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while empowering our team to work from the location that best suits them.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. We organize team events and activities online and are being creative to build strong relationships amongst distributed team members.