Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Remote Work
United States /
We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
Ditto is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to work in our operations team to drive technical roadmaps across our entire infrastructure. You will work with a variety of technologies and systems to build an automated, monitored, fault-tolerant infrastructure that is maintainable and extensible. You will collaborate and mentor backend and front-end engineering teams to ensure that product solutions are scalable, efficient, and reliable.
This role can be 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement reliable infrastructure to support our global 24/7 products
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
- Analyze and solve deep technical problems, providing mitigations, root cause analyses, and comprehensive post mortem reporting
- Leverage your knowledge of systems and infrastructure to mentor our engineers
- Expand our existing monitoring and alerting systems to improve reliability and lower costs
- 5+ years of implementing production-level infrastructure projects
- Experience in enterprise-scale internet service engineering or support role
- General networking knowledge (DNS, firewall/security groups, VPN, subnets, CIDR)
- Experience in configuring systems through Infrastructure as Code practices, utilizing tools like Ansible, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Expertise in CLI enterprise support of Unix variants (CentOS/Ubuntu)
- Strong understanding of monitoring implementations and administration
- Exceptional communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Working in an ISO-27001 or HIPAA certified environment preferred
- Understanding of Incident Management and ITIL service operations
- History of working in a 24/7 team managing AWS cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of automation within AWS (Amazon Web Services) infrastructure using CLI/SDK’s
- Working knowledge of Python/Bash scripting preferred
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS ECS or similar container orchestration platform preferred
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent, in Computer Science or related. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees. We are based in the Bay Area and are shifting towards remote working in light of a growing global client base and Covid-19.
We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
We enable team members to work remotely or from our amazing office space at the 19th Street BART stop in Oakland, CA if you are local. We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. Since moving to remote work this year, we have translated the team activities into online happy hours, trivia, Zoom pictionary and are trying to be creative to build strong relationships amongst remote team members. Post Covid, we plan to get the whole team together twice a year and support smaller group meetings in person where they make sense.