Product Designer, Consumer (remote)
San Francisco, California /
Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership – one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family – and it’s working.
We are seeking a product designer that can help us take our consumer experience to the next level and rethink the way people buy a home!
This person will own design problems end to end, from defining requirements and initial concepts through shipping and beyond, skilled at each stage of the design process, and always focused on the needs of the customer.
Candidates should be comfortable conducting user research and lightweight user testing, rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions, and have experience working in a team with other designers, product managers, and engineers.
About the Consumer team
The Consumer team’s mission is creating products that help customers ease into one of the largest purchases of their life: a home. You will work closely with the Design lead, Product, and Engineering counterparts to design a seamless and delightful service as well as rethink the whole homebuying experience, from sign-up through buyback.
A key part of this role will be working with designers across teams to understand the problems and opportunities of all actors (consumers, agents, admins, etc) and come up with a unified vision for our products.
- Partner with the Product Managers and Engineers to define the right problems to solve and goals
- Own user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services
- Collaborate with the design lead, product managers and engineers to set a product vision and strategy for your product area
- Measure and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Inspire the rest of the design team, share your knowledge, and bring new ideas to the table!
- 3+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI, and related fields with experience working on web/mobile web
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as stakeholder management skills
- A portfolio showing your thoughtful UI and UX work
- Familiarity with most common design / prototyping tools (i.e Figma, Invision, Principle, etc) and an ability to iterate quickly as the ideas evolve
- Proven track record of translating customer needs into product features and solutions
- Some experience conducting user research and user testing sessions
- A strong emoji game is not required but strongly encouraged 🤫
- Competitive salary + equity
- Unlimited PTO
- Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Compassionate and mission focused co-workers
- The opportunity to transform the lives of our customers!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.