Backend Software Engineer (Mid-Level)
Draper, Utah /
Engineering – Software Development /
Full-Time Employment Exempt Salaried
About the company
At Divvy, Our vision is to become the modern software bank for business of every small-to-medium business in America. Our FREE financial SaaS platform enables businesses to spend smarter by providing instant insight and transparency into company-wide spend and the ability to easily manage it; all in real-time! (+ many more features!)
In June 2021, Divvy joined forces with Bill.com through a $2.5 billion dollar acquisition, validating our mission to build the one-stop-shop for business finances. With 500+ mission-driven employees and extreme monthly growth, we’re well on our way.
*Certain positions at Divvy are eligible for remote work - within the United States*
What We’re Looking For
We want engineers who are passionate about solving problems and addressing customers’ needs. Being a software engineer at Divvy means balancing the long terms technical concerns with the immediate market demands. We want this to be more than just a job for you too–we want Divvy to feel like your company, where you have the power to suggest and enact changes to make something better, even if it has nothing to do with software development.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a software engineer at Divvy, you will be collaborating with other software engineers, product managers, and UI/UX designers in a cross functional, collaborative environment to innovate in and improve on Divvy's product. You’ll have opportunities to own the technical planning, implementation, and delivery of impactful features. You will be contributing to Divvy’s mobile and web applications built with ReactJS and to its associated GraphQL API and backend services built in Elixir with a Postgres database.
- 3-6 + years of professional experience working on an Agile software development team
- Experience developing SaaS applications in the cloud (preferably AWS)
- Experience completing and “shipping” finished products and features in a CI/CD environment
- Practiced in backend development with Elixir, Phoenix, and Postgres is a huge plus!
- CS Degree, Lambda School graduation certificate, or equivalent experience is required
- Versed in sound quality assurance principles
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and secure coding best practices
- Proficient in analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to apply engineering best practices and report on risks
- Experience or knowledge with Elixir, Phoenix
- Experience or knowledge with Ecto, Absinthe, Postgres
- Polyglot background in development having used 2 or more languages (Elixir, Golang, Ruby, Java, Python, etc.)
At Divvy, we’ve been intentional in designing scalable benefits, rewards, and perks that meet our workforce where they are while managing expectations as we scale. Just as pay parity was foundational for us in base salary, and remains our commitment and priority, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Divvy, you’ll enjoy:
- 100% paid employee health, dental, and vision insurance - choose between HMO, PPO, and HDHP plans
- HSA & FSA accounts w/ HSA Company Contribution
- Unlimited PTO for Salaried, Exempt employees / Accrued PTO for Hourly, Nonexempt employees
- 401k w/ Fidelity
- 12 weeks Parental Leave Program administered by Matrix for birth, non-birth, and adoptive parents (paid coordinating with any state and our Short-Term Disability insurance where applicable).
- 11+ Observed holidays and wellness days
- Wellness & Fitness initiatives
- Access to the Calm App. - a sleep, meditation and relaxation app free of charge
- Your own Divvy credit card (Divvy Uses Divvy or DuD)with $100 given every month to use on anything you want!
- Employee Stock Purchase Program: employees will be able to purchase Bill.com stock at a discount.
Perks are nice, but perks don’t make a company or individual successful - the work does. At Divvy, we’re building the financial nervous system of business - faster, better, smarter, and the work compels us to show up each day for our customers and our teams while feeling well supported in our benefits.
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**