Senior Data Engineer
Full Time Employee
About The Company
At Divvy we are changing the way businesses think about their financial ecosystems. We are a part of the financial fabric of business and are building to empower our customers to have access to the capital they need and the tools to manage it. We believe that our workforce should be as diverse as the customers we serve today and will serve in the future so we seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. If you are naturally curious, passionate about building an iconic business, and think differently with an ownership mentality, come join us. This is a place where doers succeed.
About The Role
You will be leading a squad, developing solutions for our data experiences and integrations while working with Product Managers, stakeholders and architects around requirements gathering.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software that extends Divvy’s competencies in self-serve on-boarding and other core areas as we become the financial nervous system of every business.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience developing systems in any OO language.
- Must be able and willing to learn Python if not already known.
- 2+ years of experience working with REST APIs.
- 3+ years of experience with databases.
- 2+ years of experience leading a software development team
- NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in any cloud environment (AWS, Azure etc)
- Experience with cloud deployment technologies like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Competitive pay and equity for all regular full-time employees
- Core benefits offering of medical/dental/vision, with a company contribution for both employee and family
- Company paid 1x base employee life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability
- Paid Leave: 12 weeks - 100% paid for birthing and 6 weeks - 100% paid for non-birthing parents
- Unlimited PTO and flex scheduling
- An open, fun, high-paced, collaborative work environment with standing/sitting adjustable desks
- Free healthy snacks and refreshments in our employee break room, stocked on the daily!
- Your own Divvy credit card with $100 given a month to use on anything you want!
- $1,000 to use for travel, given each year on your anniversary of your employment
**We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.**