Site Reliability Engineer
The Low Down
Do you want to work with a team that’s building a SaaS product and platform at the center of a major new movement towards conversational customer engagement and customer friendships? And do you want to be one of the first to come in and instil the right practices, processes and tools that will ensure performance and reliability as we scale the business? In a cool office in the center of Copenhagen? Then read more about our role at Dixa and join us as our new Site Reliability Engineer! You'll be working as part of the wider product and engineering team on exciting projects with plenty of technical challenges to get your teeth into and plenty of wonderful, smart people to work with.
What you’ll be doing
- Ensure systems scale effectively through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Play a big part in designing our next Kubernetes cluster setup on AWS.
- Support smooth development processes by ensuring we have the right tooling.
- Harden our existing production environments and introduce good practice and processes for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain high-performance and scalable microservices orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- Master our current technology stack which includes: Kubernetes on AWS, JVM-based microservices and AWS managed services.
- Be an advocate for SRE practices across the development team and provide practical guidance.
- Monitor and maintain our production system.
- Help own (with the development team) the processes and automation infrastructure which ensures high quality continuous releases of reliable infrastructure for our customers
Who you are
- You’re an analytical human capable of understanding entire systems, how all the parts fit together, how the data flows through, and where it can and will go wrong.
- You’re excited by delivering high quality software.
- You’re a master of Kubernetes, Cloud (AWS preferred), Docker and monitoring solutions.
- You have worked in a similar environment when you have been responsible for designing/architecting tooling and automation and love the challenge of a fast-paced team.
- You are creative and curious and like to solve hard problems. You are open-minded and a good listener when it comes to other peoples' ideas and voice your own ideas with confidence.
- You are supportive and encouraging by nature, strive to be the best version of yourself and lift those around you up.
- Working in a team comes natural to you, you are easy to work with and value others' input.
- You are ambitious and want to make a difference where you work. You are eager to contribute to a positive and productive work environment
Life at Dixa 💜😎
Dixa is the Customer Friendship Platform, designed to help brands connect with their customers - much like the connection between friends.
Founded in 2015, Dixa has been on an amazing journey. Most recently we were nominated as EY Start-up of the Year 2018 and closed an impressive Series A funding round in early 2019. Dixa now boasts customers in 23 countries, including brands like Too Good To Go, Rapha, Interflora and Bosch. We’re one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the Nordics, growing double-digits month over month and tripling our number of employees in 2018 in offices in Copenhagen, London, Kiev and Berlin.
This incredible momentum is fuelling our mission to once and for all eliminate bad customer service and create a world in which all people are welcomed by their favorite brands with the warm familiarity of a friend.
Being in the business of building friendships extends to our company culture as well. We’re deeply committed to building an inclusive workplace for different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, promoting transparency throughout the organization and creating a positive and productive environment, where we encourage and build each other up.
Apart from being awesome in general, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Attractive pension plan, including life and health insurance
- Social activities, company off-sites and subsidized lunch
- Central location in the heart of Copenhagen’s startup ecosystem