Scala / Java Backend Engineer
The Low Down
Do you want to build a SaaS product and platform at the center of a major new movement towards conversational customer engagement and customer friendships? Then read more about our role at Dixa and join us as our new Backend Engineer.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be designing and building out our state-of-the-art Scala backend for a modern, cloud-based customer experience platform. Other languages supported, too.
- You'll be working with an extremely skilled team who love to share ideas, learn, and use new technologies.
- You'll be influencing the product by continuously providing feedback on the design, workflow, and testing.
- You'll be contributing to technical and architectural discussions with the whole Engineering team.
- You will be writing code to handle customer interactions across channels, including telephony, email, chat and messaging.
- Your code will help agents respond to customers with ease by routing conversations to the best suited agent using context, skills, machine learning, and data from third party integrations.
- You will be working with a cutting edge tech stack. We have designed a micro/right-sized service architecture, orchestrated by Kubernetes on AWS. Services communicate via Finagle Thrift and SQS. The heavy-lifting is performed by Scala services, using Akka, Finagle/Thrift, Redis, DynamoDB and Postgres.
- You will be a part of a highly collaborative and agile team that values open-source and functional programming, and are very open to new technologies and improved ways of building our platform.
Ultimately, your work will help brands provide great customer experiences for millions of people every day.
Who you are
- You are curious, like to experiment with new ideas and enjoy solving problems. You are open-minded and a good listener when it comes to other peoples' ideas and voice your own ideas with confidence.
- You have professional experience working with Java or Scala. You feel right at home designing and implementing backend features and services.
- You are supportive and encouraging by nature, strive to be the best version of yourself and lift those around you up.
- Working in a team comes natural to you, you are easy to work with and value others' input.
- You are ambitious and want to make a difference where you work. You are eager to contribute to a positive and productive work environment.
Life at Dixa 💜😎
Dixa is the Customer Friendship Platform, designed to help brands connect with their customers - much like the connection between friends.
Founded in 2015, Dixa has been on an amazing journey. Most recently we were nominated as EY Start-up of the Year 2018 and closed an impressive Series A funding round in early 2019. Dixa now boasts customers in 23 countries, including brands like Too Good To Go, Rapha, Interflora and Bosch. We’re one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the Nordics, growing double-digits month over month and tripling our number of employees in 2018 in offices in Copenhagen, London, Kiev and Berlin.
This incredible momentum is fuelling our mission to once and for all eliminate bad customer service and create a world in which all people are welcomed by their favorite brands with the warm familiarity of a friend.
Being in the business of building friendships extends to our company culture as well. We’re deeply committed to building an inclusive workplace for different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds, promoting transparency throughout the organization and creating a positive and productive environment, where we encourage and build each other up.
Apart from being awesome in general, we also offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Attractive pension plan, including life and health insurance
- Social activities, company off-sites and subsidized lunch
- Central location in the heart of Copenhagen’s startup ecosystem