Social & Community Manager
Edelman – Digital /
Edelman is looking for a Senior Account Executive Level Social & Community Manager to join our team of social media experts that plan, ideate and create the kind of content that the internet loves.
We are looking for a candidate with a desire to be challenged and a hunger to make great work. You will be a social media-native who loves seeing stories come to life across digital channels and wants to help make content for a very well-known consumer brand with a social audience of millions.
As a Social & Community Manager, you will be the brand’s eyes, ears, and tone of voice on social. You will engage and nurture a community across multiple social channels through relevant content and meaningful interactions.
In this role, you will be supporting the premieres of multiple movies and/or episodes within a series and will be required to work an adjusted schedule in order to support our clients at least one evening (e.g., 3-8 PT, 8-11 EST) per weekend on a regular basis.
You have a nose for real-time opportunities and social trends, be able to monitor consumer conversation for relevant insights and bring social-first, community-led thinking to brainstorms and content ideation. You will partner closely with the account and client teams to develop, manage, and post approved content and social responses, proactively flag opportunities to the team, and work with strategy and analytics experts to provide insights and recommendations based on what the community is responding to. You will also own and maintain social content calendars, craft copy and support asset development, considering inclusive language, images, and headlines.
To be successful in this role, you will have solid research, writing, and editing skills and an appreciation for how social media impacts the overall experience for an entertainment brand. You will have an agile mindset and be able to work collaboratively with all implementation teams to ensure that the brand’s communication objectives and strategies are met.
We know you’re thinking… “isn’t Edelman a PR company? "Sure, public relations is part of where we came from, but in recent years we’ve changed. Edelman is a next generation agency where you have the freedom to do great work and achieve professional fulfillment. Today, we have a strong creative team, outstanding planning capabilities, deep data expertise, and an exceptional team of digital specialists.
Why Choose Edelman?
- We have a simple goal – to be so good at our craft, that no one can ignore us. Join a team that wants to change the digital marketing landscape in Canada.
- Work with some of the largest companies in the world and impact their business daily.
- Feel inspired by your colleagues and grow your knowledge with the support of some of the best digital marketers in the country.
- Sharpen your skills every day with our focus on learning and development.
- Live our shared values and show up as your authentic self.
- Help build what the future of digital marketing looks like with the freedom to innovate and try new things.
What you'll bring:
- Demonstrable experience working in digital, community management or social media.
- An understanding of emerging and existing social & digital channels, trends,culture and formats (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter etc).
- A thirst for knowledge and desire to understand human behaviour.
- A team-first mentality and a willingness to bring your best thinking and work with your colleagues to solve client business problems.
- Great writing skills, strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of online outreach and the ability to develop online engagement strategies.
- Knowledge of influencers, creators, and tastemakers across social platforms is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Sprout Social is a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- Hybrid, flexible work model with remote working and purpose-based time in office.
- 3 week's paid vacation, plus days off for your birthday and curiosity day.
- Statutory public holidays, National Truth and Reconciliation Day and World Mental Health Day
- Holiday office closure (Christmas - New Year)
- Half-day Fridays during summer long weekends
- Flexible sick Days
- Dusk till Dawn email policy
- Employer paid benefits
- Wellness/Fitness annual allowance
- Tuition Reimbursement policy
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.