Senior Public Relations Account Manager - Technology
Edelman – Corporate /
An opportunity for a Senior Account Manager to work within the Reputation team based in our Riyadh office, with a focus on a roster of technology clients with regional mandates. The Senior Account Manager’s primary day-to-day role will be to oversee account programs and be the daily contact with clients and partners, providing them strategic counsel on tactical implementation and solid project management and people management skills.
He or she will be leading major activities for accounts, managing teams to deliver strong results and ensuring work is of the highest quality and delivered on schedule. They will also be helping to develop program plans for brands, ensuring tactics meet client’s business objectives. The successful candidate will be a mentor to junior team members, providing them with guidance on their career development. The candidate will also be responsible for resourcing and budgeting within their client set. He or she will also play an active role in new business.
· Managing accounts and being responsible for the overall quality and delivery of brand programmes ensuring client’s strategic goals are met
· Daily client counsel, including problem solving
· Develop and edit written documents that are of the highest quality, on message and tailored to audience; documents will include slides, proposals, plans, budgets, and issues management documents
· Keeping abreast of new developments, trends and opportunities for both clients and the wider industry
· Build a deep understanding of clients’ business and challenges
· Line management and people development, including recruitment
· Leading and participating in new business ventures, including identifying leads and pitching
- Bilingual – English and Arabic
- Demonstrated account management experience handling clients in the corporate and technology sectors
- Solid understanding of the MENA business, technology, start-up and government ecosystems
- Strong media, blogger and influencer relations across the region
- Understanding of budgeting client programmes, including budget development, management, resourcing and forecasting
- Strong content development skills (English & Arabic)
- Demonstrated strong client management/strategic counselling skills
- Proven success leading media events
- Demonstrated media outreach skills and network of industry and media contacts.
- Excellent project management skills including delegation of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibility and to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated people management and coaching skills to support the development of talent
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.