Growth & Marketing Lead
Edelman – New Business /
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders.
Our strategic growth focus is on acquiring and retaining large clients for multi-year engagements. We have an above industry average win rate and work on a daily basis on the most exciting RFI and RFP submissions, credentials andcapabilities for new and organic growth opportunities.
We’re seeking a T-shaped passionate self-starter who’s eager to transform our approach to business development and local marketing. Part growth, part operations, this rarely available role is an exciting opportunity to drive change at a leading agency while working closely with office leadership and advancing our extensive body of intellectual capital.
The ideal candidate for the role has agency experience identifying, prospecting and successfully pursuing new business opportunities, vetting and responding to RFPs, and providing strategic counsel to executives.
They are interested in driving efficiency, examining how we present ourselves externally, and motivating teams to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
Our ideal candidate will drive growth (net new and organic) for the agency at both the local and regional level is very well connected externally, can manage C-suite relationships, and understands the communication advisory landscape.
Well-versed in the agency’s products, services and case studies to match both client and agency business objectives, they will promote and represent the agency and are often the first point of contact for a potential client.
- Play a key role in the EMEA regional growth team, including providing counsel and support to our senior leadership teams.
- Develop and implement strategic recommendations as well as operational best practices to increase growth in today’s competitive selling environment.
- Supporting growth strategy [incl competitor landscape & prospect planning] development, execution and reporting.
- Work with local management (General Manager + Managing Directors) to create market growth plan & identify opportunities for growth with GM and MDs, including:
- Support / manage all aspects of the new business process: play a lead role in activating the pitch process, liaising with different stakeholders and teams on win strategy, provide strategic storytelling support and quality oversight, shaping RFPs and RFIs delivering best-in-class client service by tailoring our responses to customized client needs.
- Manage new business pipeline and reporting: utilize existing dashboard / data tools to make informed decisions and assess performance (eg. monitor conversion rate, avg won budget and CAC and customer lifetime value)
- Contribute to revenue forecasting
- New client acquisition in new categories (local heroes)
- Enhanced scopes from current clients (including cross-selling) from local to regional to global
- Growth via innovation (product, services, offering)
- Creating the new business strategy to develop a robust new and organic business pipeline
- Lead all marketing and communications activity for Amsterdam, working closely with senior leadership to promote and market Edelman to new and existing clients, as well as new and existing talent.
- Manage and co-ordinate all day-to-day marketing activity, across digital marketing; campaign content strategy and development; employee engagement and employer brand; events; lead generation; communications and media relations; and awards.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team and EMEA marketing team to develop and execute a marketing strategy that supports Edelman’s business plan and growth strategy.
- Work in partnership with the local and regional People team to develop an employer brand plan, in line with Edelman’s EVP, to engage with new talent; as well as support with engagement and internal communications with existing employees.
- Develop bespoke IP and content strategies that showcase Edelman’s capabilities to our clients and future clients.
- Devise strategies to drive online engagement to the website and social channels aligned to the business objectives and growth strategy. This includes managing content creation and execution.
- Responsible for creation and management of case studies to be utilised across news business; digital channels; awards etc.
- Oversee award submissions to bring fame and recognition to Edelman’s work (working in partnership with regional lead)
- Oversee the development, execution and reporting of local content lead gen campaigns that support growth.
- Oversee events to engage clients and talent including content, logistics, speakers and guestlist.
- Develop and implement a media strategy that positions Edelman and its employees as leaders within the marketing, communications and creative industries.
- Curate and manage a pipeline of profiling opportunities for executives and experts from across the business to elevate the profile of the agency and its talent.
- Work in partnership with different teams across the business to ensure that deadlines are being met, decisions and activities are grounded in data, and projects and campaigns are delivered on time with high-quality execution.
- Act as brand guardian by ensuring output of high-quality and inspiring content.
- Native-standard English and Dutch is required
- 6 or more years’ experience in a similar role at agency with a strong understanding of the marketing and business development industry landscape in The Netherlands and preferably EMEA.
- Regarded as a thought leader and a trusted advisor to senior clients.
- Successful at pitching and converting leads into new clients.
- Positive with a global growth mindset with a focus on driving net new global business and organic growth.
- Commercially astute and able to quickly identify, understand and articulate a range of strategic business challenges to identify and leverage opportunities
- Proven business development, sales, or marketing experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Experience managing finances, including budget development.
- Team player focused on developing a collaborative work ethic within account teams and is committed to ensuring an excellent work environment.
- Demonstrable project management skills and an innate capacity for organisation
- Robust understanding of current and future integrated marketing concepts, strategy and best practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of current affairs, trends and industry topics
- Experience in managing CRM systems and creating effective lead gen campaigns
- Experience in dealing with the media
- Friendly, approachable manner with a flexible attitude to work, with the ability to build relationships collaboratively across the business at all levels
- A keen eye for detail and aesthetic
- Ability to use own initiative whilst working to tight deadlines in a demanding environment
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Teams and PowerPoint
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.