US Summer Internship Program - 2021
New York /
Edelman – Other /
This role is open to be based from: San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Dallas, TX; Austin, TX; Houston, TX; Atlanta, GA; Orlando, FL; Washington, DC; Sacramento, CA.
Applications are due no later than Monday, March 1 at 5:00pm PT.
The Edelman 2021 US Summer Internship Program will be fully remote, and is open to candidates across the United States
In order to be considered, you must submit the following with your application:
-A resume of relevant work, education and extra-curricular experiences
-A writing sample in response to this prompt:
Pick a communications or ad campaign. Showcase your strategic thinking that answers the following questions (in 500 words or less): What message was the brand trying to communicate, who was their target audience, was the brand’s message communicated effectively, why or why not?
- Candidates must complete the online application and submit the above items to be considered for this role
In the ever-changing arena of communications, we’re looking for creative and intelligent PR practitioners to join Edelman as an intern this summer! Edelman's summer internship program is a full-time, 10-week paid internship open to rising seniors and post-graduates. Designed to propel your career in public relations, integrated and digital marketing, we offer internships in a variety of different areas.
Interns are selected to work in a specific area (Brand, Corporate & Public Affairs, Health, Financial Communications, Market Research, Social Impact, Strategy and Planning, Social Strategy, Technology, and Influencer Marketing, among others) for the length of the program. In addition to receiving direct mentoring within your capability area, interns will have exposure to other areas of the business to enhance their professional and communication skills.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Drafting press releases, media lists, fact sheets, editorial content and much more
- Learning the basics of your clients’ business – i.e. product/service offerings, media targets, and competitors
- Monitoring client and competitor media coverage and drafting coverage recaps for your team
- Conducting social media monitoring and reporting
- Updating media lists and pitching media contacts, under the direction of a supervisor
- Staying up-to-date on industry news and trends
- Participating in team brainstorming sessions
- Assisting with the preparation of press kits for distribution
- Assisting with research projects and new business audits
- A passion for communications and PR
- Proven organization skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments, deadlines, and conditions quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – whether presenting to colleagues, drafting emails to clients, or participating in brainstorming sessions
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated ability to become a strong writer
- Developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a variety of people across multiple accounts
- Basic understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- History of strong leadership skills through work experience and/or extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated creative thinker
- Familiar with the public relations, digital marketing, or communications discipline through past coursework, internships, or personal experiences
- Interns are paid $17 an hour and will work a full 40-hour work week
- Interns must be available for a full-time, 10-week program running from June 7th to August 13th, 2021 (final dates TBD)
- Edelman does not provide any form of housing reimbursement
- Interns who are rising Seniors must have completed their Junior year of college by June 2021 to be considered
- Only individuals who are authorized to work in the United States will be considered
- Candidates must attach a resume, writing submission, and complete the online application, including pre-screen questionnaire in order for your application to be considered
Once you submit your application, it will be reviewed by the Edelman Talent Acquisition team. You will be contacted directly if your application is selected for further consideration. Only completed applications will be considered.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.