Edelman – Corporate /
About the Company
We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote, and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our clients.
In the UK, there are more than 600 employees based in our offices in Victoria. We create award-winning creative communication programmes for our clients who include Microsoft, Nissan, Disneyland Paris, FedEx, PayPal, Starbucks, Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering, and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.
We have deep expertise and advise on consumer trends, research, analytics and insights, corporate reputation, health, technology, capital markets, crisis, energy, and government affairs.
About the Team
We are London’s leading Corporate Reputation team. We create commercial value by delivering campaigns and advisory work for companies and brands that operate in the full glare of the public spotlight and whose reputations shape their businesses.
We have deep industry expertise and advise on integrated media strategy, digital and content production, crisis planning & response, litigation & legal affairs, employee engagement & advocacy, research & analytics, capital markets and government affairs.
The team includes more than 80 consultants specialising in all areas of corporate reputation and includes former journalists, senior in-house practitioners, government advisors and industry specialists - as well as dedicated sector experts.
We take pride in delivering exceptional work for our clients but, at our core, we are a non-hierarchical team who like to spend time together in and out of the office. We are relentlessly collaborative, and supported by leadership who champion and celebrate our collective achievements
We are looking for an ambitious, proactive and motivated individual with solid PR and communications experience, and is able to lead day-to-day management of accounts. The Account Manager role requires a candidate with excellent writing and media handling skills, able to provide informed counsel to clients when developing stories or handling complex issues, liaising with journalists directly on developing stories, and coaching junior team members. Ability to manage teams and workload is vital, as well as the ability to project manage campaigns, develop junior team members, and oversee the quality of work produced.
- Serving as the daily client contact and as client lead when appropriate, earning the trust of clients to deliver day to day work as well as providing proactive counsel on new approaches or ideas
- Media relations including story and message development, creating and driving outreach plans, speaking to journalists regularly to secure coverage/briefings, briefing spokespeople, and ongoing development of own media contacts
- Playing a key role in the research, planning and development of campaigns and driving these forward
- Overseeing quality and operational performance of accounts, ensuring work quality and deadline adherence for junior members of teams, providing close coaching and development
- Producing content; writing/editing press releases, social media content, articles, PR proposals
- Providing support on new business pitches – research, slide development, driving forward process including work back plans and managing junior teams’ input
- Desire to work as part of a large team in a busy, fast paced and highly motivated working environment
- A deliver-driven manager and creative problem solver that can confidently take responsibility of tasks and accounts
- Ability to service multiple clients and manage workload whilst managing/coaching junior team members
- Team player that can manage both up and down and take overall responsibility of day to day account activity
- Experience of integrating and collaborating with different practices/teams on cross-business work
- Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to articulate with confidence and gravitas, and understanding of how to incorporate earned, owned paid and social media in holistic communications plans
- Interest in current affairs, news, international business, and consumes media in all forms
- Entrepreneurial spirit - willingness to ‘get stuck in’ and make the most of opportunities, and desire to share expertise and experience to enhance work of the team
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.