Assistant Executive, Corporate
Edelman – Corporate /
We’re a team of dedicated professionals and experts with backgrounds in corporate narrative development, journalism, digital media, creative strategy, and integrated communications marketing. We help our clients build and protect their reputations and achieve their business goals while navigating shifting media, stakeholder and regulatory environments.
We are looking for an Assistant Executive to support teams working on our most cutting-edge technology, financial services, fintech and crypto clients. You’ll be an integral part of teams helping some of the world’s largest companies build credible and impactful communications programs that engage key stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team and work across industries, building a portfolio that spans your interests and passions.
- Participating in brainstorms
- Reading and identifying media clips from clipping services and online resources
- Monitoring client competition coverage
- Preparation of press kits for distribution
- Updating media lists
- Assisting with compilation of media coverage reports
- Drafting and pitching media targets, developing briefing materials, including messaging and reporter background
- Conducting and compiling research
- Assisting conference engagement, including developing conference trackers, pitching and placing spokespeople at events, spokesperson prep, staffing events, identifying target media, creating bespoke client events, and supporting clients at major national and global events.
- Assisting with new business, including compiling company research, developing competitive landscape analyses, and contributing to strategy development.
- Briefing materials and messaging to support media interviews
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and strong leadership capabilities through extracurricular activities
- Possess excellent organizational skills, keen to attention to detail, are entrepreneurial, and have the proven ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
- Focus on problem solving and have confidence to proactively share your ideas
- Have interest in public relations relating to corporate communications with an interest in working across a number of industries, including technology, public affairs, financial services, retail, food & beverage, philanthropy, professional services, and others
- Take pride in your work
- Show superior verbal communication skills
- Have strong writing abilities
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.