Edelman – Strategy and Planning /
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, Earned Media and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. You will be challenged to push convention and your creativity to find modern ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially charged, digital environment.
We are passionate, unconventional, and driven by a desire to do the best work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it.
As Senior Strategist, you will be a key part of leading our agency transformation – from PR to integrated communication. Leading strategic thinking for our clients, you will be a key driver in earning the right to solve bigger and more diverse problems for our portfolio of clients. The role will report into the Head of Strategy for Middle East.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrate strategy and planning as part of the Agency culture and way of thinking and working.
- Lead strategy for the portfolio of Saudi clients, including new business briefs.
- Assess strategic problems and work with team to assess and challenge the client brief, developing insights, recommendations and direction for clients.
- Adaptability and curiosity to apply strategic skills to clients (B2C, B2B) across the agency, no matter the category or audience.
- Explore the intersection of culture, brands and audiences from new angles to arrive at deeper insights, more provocative communications strategies and breakthrough brand-building platforms.
- In partnership with client/business leads, increase the number of clients who consider strategy integral to Edelman’s offering.
- Use Edelman proprietary tools and methods to draw an understanding of the client's role in culture to offer the springboard to creatives guiding them to powerful ideas.
- Measuring the success of campaigns and draft case studies and award entries.
- To be a partner and participant within the wider EMEA strategy community, growing and sharing knowledge, experience and opportunities.
- To develop thinking and content which adds value to the wider practice areas, whether as publications, white papers or presentations around issues, audiences and cultural trends which have relevance to the industry and clients businesses.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- At least 10-12 years of experience in planning, insight and analysis in an integrated marketing, advertising, media, digital/social or public relations agency setting.
- Experience in, knowledge and understanding of Saudi Arabia from a culture, audience and market perspective, yet has developed strategies for Saudi led clients with a global footprint.
- A mature grasp of brand strategy and ability to apply these to client problems, leading to great communication and creative work.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward and lucid manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Strong analytical skills, research and data savvy.
- Interested in culture and human behaviour.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to shape your future and work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the PR industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- We offer hybrid work environment where you can work from home 2x in a week.
- Big potential for personal growth, training, and further development of skills
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
If you apply, we will review your fit against the position criteria and feedback to you. If your profile does not meet the criteria, we will retain your profile as an active applicant for future consideration.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.