Account Executive – Strategic Situations & Investor Relation
Edelman – Financial Communications /
About Edelman Smithfield:
Edelman Smithfield is a global financial communications firm with the power and scope of Edelman, the world’s largest integrated communications company. We specialize in financial markets and strategic situations, serving clients in the United States, Canada, EMEA, APAC, and beyond. Edelman Smithfield offers a deep and talented bench of approximately 250 financial market specialists across more than 25 cities and 15 countries.
Edelman Smithfield advises senior leaders and management teams, navigating complex matters, that impact reputation and valuation, and has deep expertise in serving and communicating to the financial markets. www.edelmansmithfield.com.
About the Opportunity:
The Account Executive, Strategic Situations & Investor Relations, will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of financial communications programs for clients across strategic situations (i.e., M&A, financial restructuring, executive transitions, shareholder activism, crisis, and litigation) and investor relations. Ideal candidates will come from former investment, finance, or research analyst roles and/or will have direct financial communications experience, either with an agency or in-house. The candidate must be familiar with the capital markets and possess a competency in conversing on matters including disclosure, activism, earnings and guidance, governance, marketing, investor targeting, and relationship building, M&A, capital raises, and crisis situations.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support the creation of financial communications plans and goals for strategic situations as well as investor relations, including development of both tactical and strategic elements; manage against them.
- Aid in providing counsel to clients on messaging and positioning across all external investor and financial communications, including: quarterly earnings news releases and conference call scripts, material corporate news, investor presentation, and general 1x1 and group communications with the investment community. Manage and participate hands-on in team development of messaging and positioning of company business model and corporate developments.
- Support traditional “retainer” based IR and financial media clients as well as transaction-oriented project work (including M&A, IPOs, shareholder activism, and investor days).
- Serve as a key day-to-day contact for clients, including CFO, CEO, IRO, and other senior leaders.
- Interact directly with client shareholders and covering sell-side analysts, discussing client business attributes, collecting feedback, supporting bank-sponsored non-deal road shows, and reacting to investment community informational needs.
- Monitor sell-side valuation models, manage consensus, and counsel clients on effectively setting expectations around future performance.
- Ensure team is proactive and highly responsive to client needs, anticipating upcoming deliverables and taking accountability for proper execution.
- Participate with senior partners in new business preparation and participate in new business activity to ultimately serve those accounts.
- At least 2 years of experience within the capital markets, including either with a sell-or buy-side firm, financial communications agency, or in an IR role at a public company. Investor relations specific or Wall Street experience a must for consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting or related discipline is required.
- Strong comfort level in communicating with senior executives of publicly traded companies on IR-related and financial communications matters.
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing financially-oriented news releases and presentations.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze financial data sets and understand businesses across multiple industries.
- Experience with relevant data platforms, including Bloomberg, and Nasdaq IR Insight as well as proficient in MSFT Excel and PowerPoint.
- Specific experience supporting companies through material transactions, including M&A and Initial Public Offerings (IPO) a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented; multi-task various responsibilities.
- Proactive and self-motivated; anticipate upcoming client projects and deliverables.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate good judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills; professional phone and email communications.
- Innate desire to provide excellent service to clients.
$48,000 - $67,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.