Maintenance and Office Support Assistant
Edelman – Administration /
Responsibility for the smooth and efficient running of the office support service via the Edelman Helpdesk. Ensuring all support requests are dealt with efficiently and within agreed SLAs in a timely manner, liaising with Edelman’s IT and Office Support personnel. Provide outstanding 360-degree communication with customers (Edelman staff and visiting clients, etc.) to deliver the best-possible levels of service.
Make sure that all employees are happy, content and fully supported in the office environment and with the procedures in place at Edelman.
- Respond to support requests via email, phone and the Edelman Helpdesk, and ensure all requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently. Keep Helpdesk updated and close requests when they have been effectively completed in the shortest possible timescale and with the best levels of communication.
- Ensure maintenance work is completed to the highest levels of quality and finish.
- Provide training where it is the appropriate way to resolve a support issue .
- Assist with the support of the company’s mobile phones, maintaining accurate records.
- Liaise with supplier on copier/printer support and consumable orders.
- Administer security passes and ensure the access control system is fully functional and regularly backed up.
- Be a qualified First Aider and Fire Marshal and take a supervisory role in evacuations.
- Deal promptly with starters and leavers to ensure the experience is excellent and the office is always secure.
- Liaise with contract cleaners to ensure the office is maintained to a high standard.
- Provide office induction tours for new starters in conjunction with HR.
- Ensure all areas are kept tidy and represent the Edelman image at all times, upholding the clear desk policy.
- Provide immediate A/V and conference set-up support, including meeting room setups and resets, liaising with Concierge, our cleaners and caterers.
- Provide DSE workstation assessments and maintain comprehensive records.
- Maintain team storage across the agency.
- Support office moves and changes as required by the business.
- Liaise with building management and contractors (for example electricians, plumbers, access control, etc.)
- Oversee courier bookings including kit sent out for evaluation and coordinate any fulfillment requests as we support the teams across our business.
- Remove archives and merchandise to external storage where appropriate and keep adequate storage records.
- Assist with general office maintenance including painting, repairs and maintenance, lighting, sink and toilet unblocking, furniture reconfiguration, etc.
- Be professional, discreet, courteous and approachable at all times, with a 'can-do', customer-focused attitude and always follow-up to ensure lessons are learned and the service continually evolves and improves.
- Reliable and punctual with a professional appearance and persona.
- Empathy, excellent customer service and communication skills with ‘can do’, helpful and approachable attitude.
- Flexible approach to time management and ability to be flexible when necessary.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends if necessary.
- Practical, problem-solving approach to work.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in supporting a busy office.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.