Senior Director, Marketing & Communications
New York /
United Entertainment Group – Corporate Marketing /
It’s challenging to tell the world about how great you are. There are only so many ways to say to as many people as will listen that you are the best of the best. And yet, this is what agencies do – each year we try to be the biggest, loudest, and most known in all the (marketing) land. Honestly, we’re good with that, because we do believe our work is the best and that no one can do what we do as well as we do. This desire is where our search for a seasoned, innovative, connected, marketing lead begins... We want to amplify who we are, our work and our people even more. To show-up in unexpected places and to be known in many more than we are now. All with the impetus of continuing to accelerate our future aspirations and do what we love which is to Make (Brands) Famous.
Officially titled Sr. Director, Marketing & Communications this function builds and maintains the UEG brand and reputation. It works across a range of cross-sector programs, IP, channels and employee initiatives, creating a pipeline of content and news that brings recognition to UEG and the campaigns we create for clients every day.
This role will work hand-in-hand with the existing marketing and client teams to devise and execute initiatives and campaigns that support the firm’s growth strategy and brand. This will include the development and execution of comms strategy, visual and written content for owned channels, awards and conference strategy and more.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work cross-functionally to develop and refine a distinct agency voice and aesthetic to position UEG as a bold leader within the agency marketplace
- Support on concepting for social and website content and managing third-party suppliers as needed
- Creation and execution of year-long, multi-platform corporate communication and PR plans
- Develop and lead year-long strategies to drive online engagement to the company website/social channels aligned to the business objectives and growth strategy, while maintaining a consistent voice across all channels
- Develop and manage a year-long editorial calendar for the company website and social channels, and act as point of contact for digital requests related to showcasing client work, employee engagement highlights, and other critical touchpoints
- Keep abreast of advancements in social media and advising on new channels and social trends
- Working with the design team and external design contacts to create and develop assets for all platforms (GIFs, graphics, video etc.)
- Tracking and analyzing website and social channel analytics and managing content accordingly
- Identify opportunities and conferences for UEG and its leaders to show up as industry thought-leaders – whether through guest speaker opportunities, panels, etc. centered around industry innovation, workshares, DEI, and more.
- Proactively build, maintain, and facilitate press relationships and opportunities for UEG to receive earned exposure for industry publications such as AdWeek, AdAge, The Drum, etc.
- Coordinate yearly Cannes presence and presentation strategy
- Identify like-minded partners to amplify our industry presence and offering
Social Media and Web Presence:
- 6 – 10 years experience communications/marketing role within the advertising/PR/design agency space
- Impeccable writing skills and ability to write copy for a variety of platforms and audiences
- Demonstrated track record of leading and owning robust external, year-long corporate communications calendars strategies, landing earned press/brand engagement within the advertising/PR/design space
- Discretion in sharing client/agency work and promotional campaigns
- Experience managing teams of one or more direct reports
- Experience in internal communications and employee engagement a plus
PAY RANGE: 86,000 - $111,000
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
United Entertainment Group is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing agency and part of the DJE Holdings network. UEG creates breakthrough marketing with the people, properties and platforms that shape culture, and has been recognized with industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, OneShow, Sabre Awards, Tellys, and more. UEG, founded in 2007, is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and works with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties. For more information visit http://www.uegworldwide.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
United Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.