Corporate Social Responsibility Specialist
Edelman – Administration /
Edelman is seeking a corporate environmental sustainability professional to join the firm’s Global Citizenship team in the Chicago office. Since Edelman opened its doors 70 years ago, our narrative of corporate responsibility has evolved through steady advances and innovation. Just as we bring our expertise, creativity, and fresh ideas to help our clients earn the trust of their audiences, we also apply these to the issues that our firm and employees care about deeply. The Global Citizenship team helps shape Edelman’s internal programs and policies that fulfill the larger responsibility we have to society. Edelman’s Citizenship function is responsible for a variety of internal CSR initiatives, ranging from volunteerism and grant programs to green office policies and external reporting, in its offices across the world.
- Lead Edelman’s environmental reporting initiatives, including completing CDP, UNGC, EcoVadis, and Carbon Trust and reporting progress against science-based target commitments.
- Manage Edelman’s greenhouse gas management process for all scopes and relevant categories.
- Work directly with the Managing Director of Global Engagement and Corporate Responsibility and team, to develop global strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in developing Edelman’s SBTi Net Zero strategy, including short-, mid-, and long-term goals, working with the relevant teams and cross-functional groups
- Manage, communicate with, and facilitate engagement amongst a global network of Citizenship ambassadors. Liaise with local Citizenship teams in each of Edelman’s 65 global offices to provide resources and information, and ensure initiatives are being activated, and goals are being met at the local level.
- Manage the tracking and reporting of environmental global results toward our goals through the Citizenship Score tool.
- Assist project manager on the development and launch of the annual Citizenship report and GRI: Core index, collaborating with global offices, cross-functional teams, graphic design vendors, writers, etc.
- Work with Procurement function with procurement initiatives related to sustainability, such as conducting supplier analysis through EcoVadis and the CDP Supply Chain Program
- Implement environmental programs such as Earth Day education and awareness.
- Develop annual UN Communication on Progress report.
- Participate in content planning and internal communications strategy to tell Edelman’s corporate Citizenship story on an ongoing basis.
- Partner with Learning & Development, Compliance, HR and Diversity & Inclusion to develop, organize, and maintain various CSR initiatives.
- Assist with the development of global policies and implement them across the global network.
- Monitor global citizenship commitments and report progress on associated KPIs.
- Assist in the development of RFI/RFP responses for CSR-related inquiries.
- Commit to continuous learning through Edelman University and other training opportunities.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with greenhouse gas accounting and data management
- Must have at least 2 years of relevant experience in Corporate Social Responsibility, corporate environmental sustainability, and/or related fields including CSR-focused public relations/communications, internal communications/employee engagement, management consulting, environmental management, or nonprofit management.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field - environmental studies, sustainability, or data management preferred.
- Experience working with science-based targets and net-zero targets.
- Familiarity or experience with CDP, EcoVadis, and/or Carbon Trust Standard
- Familiarity or experience with GRI Standards, UN Global Compact, UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Should have a passion for sustainability, CSR, and the environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills, the demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, and the confidence to work independently and with senior-level executives with little supervision.
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading internal and external communications materials.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Proactively propose improvements to processes and capabilities.
- Advanced proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- They will have some familiarity with Corporate Social Responsibility fields and trends such as legislative directives, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), UN Global Compact, and UN Sustainable Development Goals, among others.
- Solid grasp of communications marketing as well as strong research, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills and composure to adapt to changing deadlines and ad hoc requests.
- Must be a self-starter, confident, and adept at relationship building.
- Be proactive, independent, and dedicated to consistently providing quality work.
- Experience with the professional services industry
$42,000 - $70,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.