Senior Account Executive - Brand (F&B)
Edelman – Brand /
Senior Account Executive, Brand
Edelman India is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and proactive Senior Account Executive to join our integrated Brand practice dedicated to work on a marquee fast-food client with a high focus on lifestyle and consumer media relations, story development, creative concepting, and project management! The Brand practice is at the forefront of how real people think, speak and act in today’s marketplace. Our team of brand experts know what trends are emerging that will impact our lives, and how to spot the brands which will be leading the way. The role includes planning and execution support of awareness and comprehension programs aimed at consumer) audiences.
As an ideal candidate, you are curious, clever and have a pulse on emerging trends. An enthusiasm about story development and ability to collaborate and partner with creative and strategy leads to drive media relations will be a key part of this role. Solid media relations relationships and expertise are a must to support the major lifestyle brand – a love for food/beverage and retail is a plus. You will be a strong writer, trend spotter and creative brainstormer who isn’t afraid to ask questions, share ideas/opinions, and pushback when needed.
This is a great opportunity to advance your experience working on an integrated global team and help engage media and consumers across a variety of channels on behalf of the clients. Not to mention, you’ll be surrounded by really smart, kind (and fun) people who are committed to producing cutting-edge work
- Play a major role in the research, planning, and development of comprehensive public relations campaigns.
- Serve as daily client contact; develops and maintains good client and partner agency relationships
- Manages smooth, daily running of account while adapting quickly and remaining calm on the fast-paced account
- Partners with cross-practice and cross-agency teams (creative and strategy) and committed to delivering solutions for clients
- Proactive individual who isn’t afraid to take initiative – is able to anticipate next steps and figure out where and how to find solutions, while supporting account leads
- Understand key client information, including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers, and competitors
- Provide client service administration, including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media and competitor coverage, coordinating media outreach and press tours, scheduling, and logistics
- Demonstrate proficiency in writing skills to craft internal and client correspondence, communications plans, press materials, new business proposals, etc.
- Demonstrate tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, effective pitching, and training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations and growth of contact network.
- Help mentor, coach and support team members and ensure you and your staff are constantly developing abilities through Edelman University and other training, including on-the-job training and mentoring.
- Build network of industry clients and participate in relevant professional organizations and networking activities that will grow Edelman brand recognition and your own reputation.
- Contribute to new business process, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Participate in cross-practice and cross-geographical teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling team and proposal.
- Minimum 2 years of total experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, media, and publishing
- F&B experience needed
- A Master's degree in a related field and a proven ability to manage large projects as well as small teams on one or more sizable accounts.
- A comprehensive understanding of his/her clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, and other businesses/organizations, etc., and will be able to impart this knowledge to account team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit the work of others.
- The ability to work with senior staff to develop and execute communications plans based on client goals.
- Familiar with best practice communications tactics and public relations tools and will be able to recommend them to his/her clients.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.