Senior Account Executive, Brand
Edelman – Brand /
Allow us to introduce ourselves: we’re Edelman Canada, recognized as one of Canada’s leading communications firms and proud to be recognized as a Great Place to Work® for the last nine years. But we’re not your average PR Agency, in fact, we don’t even define ourselves that way anymore, because we are so much more.
We develop communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead, act with certainty, and earn the lasting trust of their stakeholders. We do this by creating powerful ideas and telling magnetic stories that move at the speed of news, make an immediate impact, transform culture and spark movements.
Our focus on continuous improvement challenges our people to always think creatively and encourages them to learn from successes as well as from what didn’t work so well. We encourage our employees to get comfortable with being uncomfortable because that’s when the magic often happens. We don’t promote “yes” culture – we celebrate those who engage in honest discussion and debate. Every day, we strive to live and work by a long-held set of core values: the pursuit of excellence, the freedom to be curious, the courage to do the right thing, and a commitment to improving society.
Is this the right place for you? If you like what you’ve read so far there’s a good chance. There is no single type of person at Edelman. We celebrate diversity — of culture, background, experience and thought — and recognize it as a powerful driver of great work. We know we are at our very best when our teams collaborate across not only geographies, practices, and expertise, but also personal points of view.
In short, we hire people that are smart, passionate and curious, and then give them the independence and mentorship they need to flourish.
Think you’ve got the chops? Read on.
Edelman Canada is looking for a passionate, driven and confident (Senior) Account Executive to expand the Canadian Brand team, based in Toronto, working in a hybrid office-home environment. You must have an eagle eye for details, be able to work within an integrated team to deliver the best to our clients and bring a spirit of curiosity to the team. The ideal candidate should have experience working with CPG, beauty, fashion, food & beverage, or retail clients. An understanding of the ever-evolving traditional PR landscape – alongside digital media and influencers – in Canada is required.
- Monitor news and industry trends that are relevant to account industries and competitors; regularly immersed in traditional and social media channels, with the ability to critically think about how news may influence client programming, perceptions, positioning, etc.
- Hold a keen understanding of the Canadian media landscape and an eagerness to develop strong relationships with key media contacts on behalf of our clients.
- Develop thoughtful and robust media lists, using relevant media list building tools, prior experience and deskside research.
- Effectively pitch stories to reporters at both a local and national level, including print and broadcast outlets, radio, industry trades, online and consumer long-lead outlets
- Demonstrate ability to proactively understand and anticipate the needs of journalists and key media contacts.
- Exercise strategic thinking around media relations and media opportunities, showing resourcefulness and problem-solving capabilities when faced with challenges.
- Contribute to media relations programs tactics by identifying opportunities, coordinating media interviews, sending timely updates to internal team members, capturing coverage, and taking the lead on developing program wrap reports.
- Develop and manage critical path documents or work back schedules.
- Work with media partners and vendors to distribute press releases and multi-media content.
- Demonstrate ability to execute and manage logistics for client events, including but not limited to event sourcing, décor research, vendor management, leading the development of briefing books, etc.
- Take thoughtful notes in both internal and client meetings.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of client budgets and ability to work within hour allocation from senior team members.
- Participate in new business process (such as conducting timely and accurate media research and industry audits) .
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- 1-2 years’ experience with earned media and integrated communications at a PR agency with a focus on lifestyle clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of client programs, while maintaining awareness of future client events and activities and how they relate to overall objectives and targets.
- Ability to effectively manage several projects and pitch assignments at the same time.
- Ability to analyze market research including using online services and begin to share proactive analysis and/or next steps with account teams.
- Understanding of how to compile and showcase media results with proactive analysis of message pull-through, tone of coverage, etc.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, and high-energy approach to client service and delivering results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage up to senior team members.
Edelman Canada is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and to preventing the spread of COVID-19 in our workplaces. We are therefore requiring that all new hires as of October 1, 2021 be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of vaccination as part of the hiring process, in accordance with our policies and applicable laws. Edelman Canada also has policies and procedures in place to accommodate employees and applicants who are unable to be vaccinated for medical or other reasons protected by applicable human rights legislation.
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please send your résumé and cover. Only those candidates short listed for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in working with Edelman Canada.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.