Vice President, Lifestyle
Edelman – Brand /
Edelman Brand has helped evolve, promote, and protect some of the world’s most iconic and celebrated brands. We aspire to do work that moves people – work that inspires people to not only “buy in” to brands, but also buy. We thrive off the energy, heart, and hustle of the city around us and apply that same passion to everything we do. From cars to consumer goods, fashion and retail, financial service, food and beverage, luxury, and technology – we are fanatics about finding an insight or truth that will inform smart strategy, breakthrough creative, and brilliant programming. Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm, with more than 5,500 employees in 65 cities worldwide. Our independence keeps us nimble, thoughtful, and resourceful, allowing us to invest in the best people in the business.
We’re seeking a dynamic leader at the Vice President (VP) level, who has a resilient nature, passion for building brands and driving business impact. Overall ability to run a fast-paced business and partner with a team of integrated marketers to lead and grow remit through smart attention-grabbing work and elevated client relations.
We’re looking for someone with food and/or beverage experience who has a strong understanding of what drives earned coverage and how to tell compelling stories about products and brands in the food and lifestyle space. These are fast-paced accounts that execute a lot of integrated work tapping into planning, creative, data + insights, influencer, digital/social, etc. all with a keen eye on earned. This leader will oversee the client relationships, IAT workstreams, integrated Edelman team, internal account team, and finance – ensuring exceptional client work that pushes culture forward and solves our client’s business problems.
Core components of this role include:
- Experience in an inter-agency team (IAT) environment – creative, digital, paid media, in-store, etc. – and being able to lead and adapt creative solutions to fit those channels in collaboration with team and agency partners
- Understanding the value of earned programming and how “PR” has evolved and translates in today’s complex media environment.
- Building relationships and providing daily strategic counsel with clients across all brands. Our clients are communications AND marketing leads, so a general understanding of the full marketing ecosystem inclusive of paid, social, retail, influencer, and PR is a must
- Demonstrating the ability to evolve brands, promote them, and garner attention, and drive consumer action
- Experience generating both quick-turn creative solutions as well as longer-term programming, demonstrating agility and flexibility in your approach
- Demonstrating a deep knowledge, passion, and track record in Earned Media strategy, counsel, and activation
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to grow a team by way of motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and most importantly, leading by example
- Experience managing and working with partners, maximizing events and collaborations, as well as providing ongoing strategic client counsel
- Showing financial acumen and the ability to lead a profitable business
- Demonstrating behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The Vice President must have at least eight years of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Must be able to develop and own an earned media strategy from start to finish (versus delegating to an earned specialist to manage from start to finish)
- Prior experience working with clients in the food and/or beverage industry is a plus
- Agency experience working in collaboration with an inter-agency team (IAT) to lead the development and execution of integrated programs is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides
- Track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals
- Superb people manager and have experience successfully managing resources and budgets as well as helping win new business
- Entrepreneurial and professional with the confidence necessary to manage a team
$95,000 - $155,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.