Account Director, Abu Dhabi
Edelman – Corporate /
We are a leading global communications marketing firm helping business and organisations evolve, promote, and protect their brands and reputations. We are independent and family owned, which allows us the freedom to deliver original thinking and invest in our clients.
Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders.
You will be the business-minded steward of our client relationship and is entrusted and empowered to ensure both the clients’ and agency’s business objectives are met. You will effectively identify and anticipate business problems and help clients solve them through applying deep industry and tactical knowledge.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will have the ability to create programs considering a variety of platforms, channels, and audiences.
- Maintains understanding of the clients’ businesses, priorities, pain points and competitive landscape.
- Stays knowledgeable about markets, sectors and channels in which clients operate; uses internal/external resources to address knowledge gaps for self and team.
- Anticipates what’s next; helps clients get ahead of issues and capitalize on new opportunities and understands clients’ mindset, challenges (personal, professional, internal and external) and barriers to success; takes appropriate action.
- Demonstrates empathy for clients – understands clients’ mindset, challenges (personal, professional, internal, and external) and barriers to success; takes appropriate action.
- Balances the needs of the client and the needs of the firm
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- With six to eight years of experience, strong project management skills, bilingual preferred.
- Strong communication – active listening and ability to persuade and negotiate.
- Excellent English writing skills – ability to draft and edit B2B material including white papers and opinion editorials.
- Understands industry specialty areas, including investments, ESG and climate change.
- Experience of working in the UAE for business/government clients, preferably in Abu Dhabi
- Confidence in presenting ideas and providing counsel to internal and external audiences.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- High emotional intelligence and sound judgment
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and client priorities and effectively lead a team.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- An opportunity to shape your future and work with some of the smartest and most energetic people in the PR industry, who will nurture, challenge and enable you.
- Big potential for personal growth, training, and further development of skills
- A dynamic, collaborative and inclusive culture, where diversity is embraced – and you are celebrated and appreciated for who you are.
- A huge variety of virtual learning and development resources to support your personal and professional growth.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.