Edelman Smithfield Associate's Program
Edelman – Financial Communications /
Launch Your Career in Financial Communications | Learn from the Boutique with the Full Reach and Resources of Edelman
Edelman Smithfield is a global financial communications firm with the power and scope of Edelman, the world’s largest integrated communications agency. We advise senior leaders and management teams navigating complex matters that impact reputation and valuation and have deep expertise in serving and communicating to the financial markets. Serving clients in the United States, Canada, EMEA, APAC, and beyond, Edelman Smithfield offers a deep and talented bench of approximately 250 financial market specialists across more than 25 cities and 15 countries.
Edelman Smithfield Associate’s Program offers postgraduate students the opportunity to launch their careers in financial communications at the largest communications agency in the world. Our full-time, year-long program is designed to develop the next generation of financial communications professionals. Associates will work alongside global companies and financial services brands developing your media relations, research and writing skills while learning the intricacies of financial services, deal work, strategic situations, investor relations, digital financial communications and ESG.
Following the successful completion of the program, Associates will have the opportunity to be promoted into the account executive role to continue their career at Edelman Smithfield. The Associate’s program has opportunities in our New York, Washington DC, and Chicago offices. We offer a flexible, hybrid work schedule with at least three days per week in the office.
Hands-On Experience and Opportunity
- Associates will rotate through all aspects of the financial communications platform at Edelman Smithfield, participating in both tactical and strategic elements of account management and client counsel. By the end of the program, Associates will:
- Drive and execute strategic media relations programs
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of clients’ businesses and key stakeholders, and impart critical knowledge to account team members
- Demonstrate exceptional writing and hone narrative development, messaging, and creative skills
- Be a collaborative team member and serve as daily client support, partnering with the client lead when appropriate
- Participate in new business processes including research, proposal, and pitch preparation
A Selective Program for the Leaders of Tomorrow
- This position is ideal for an individual looking to take part in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment and to acquire the skills necessary to become a successful financial communications practitioner and advisor to companies of all sizes and industry sectors. The following skills and experience will be prioritized when seeking candidates:
- Excellent organization, keen attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to new conditions, assignments, and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to delegate tactical assignments and accurately judge and edit the work of others
- Accountability; able to multi-task various responsibilities and take ownership of assigned projects
- A solid knowledge of MS Office Suite, general office logistics, and knowledge of supporting communications platforms
- A strong work ethic and consistent dedication to providing quality work
- While direct financial experience is not required, candidates should be interested in experience in financial communications and/or related experience in research, investment management, consulting, marketing, and finance
$46,000 - $51,000 a year
An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, travel requirements, revenue-based metrics, any contractual agreements, and business or organizational needs. The range listed is just one component of DJEH’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, a Paid Time Off policy, and region-specific benefits.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
Edelman is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage racially and ethnically diverse people, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, parents, individuals with disabilities and members of any and all protected classes to apply.