People Partner, Edelman Global Advisory
Edelman – Global Advisory /
Edelman Global Advisory is a newly launched standalone international advisory firm within the Edelman network that owns the firm’s public affairs work. We have rebranded public affairs to advisory to better capture the evolution and future of this sector. Advisory services combine business strategy, government affairs, corporate social responsibility and sustainability, and political risk analysis to help clients navigate changing political dynamics. Our mission is to build trust in today’s evolving geopolitical environment.
Joining the EGA team will provide team members with the opportunity to be involved in the building of this new firm from creating a new culture, to redefining public affairs services, to exploring new services, such as data analytics and political risk analysis. We view ourselves as a start-up built on top of one of the world’s most recognizable brands.
The People Partner (PP) acts as a strategic thought leader and people partner to the Edelman Global Advisory (EGA) business. This role will support EGA Europe, Middle East & North Africa, be the PBP for the Brussels office, in total about 80 employees and report into the Global EGA people organization. Backed by regional and global Centers of Excellence (CoE), People Shared Operations and a core EGA HR Global team, the role is designed to work as a strategic people business partner to EGA EMEA (80 employees) as well as to a regional role group. The SPP will act as an ambassador for the function, living the One Edelman values through their actions, behaviour and communication.
A successful candidate will excel in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high level of business acumen, creativity and influence. They thrive in a culture where change is constant while driving talent initiatives that impact the growth of the business. The candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong coaching skills, possess a high level of emotional intelligence, with an exceptional ability to mitigate and resolve complex issues. They are strategic with a vision for the future aligned with pragmatic executive level direction.
· Partner with leadership to develop a clear and inspiring people strategy that creates the right culture, and executing the strategy using the right activities fostering a culture of inclusion and that retains our employees.
· Help bridge EGA and Edelman across EMEA to create true One Edelman collaboration by fostering relationships, specifically with finance and HR colleagues.
· Collaborate effectively with broader EMEA People Team and work together towards developing and delivering the regional Strategy in full alignment with the global strategy.
· Serve as a strategic partner and act as the interface between People and business leaders, managers and hiring managers, leveraging the CoE where relevant.
· Utilising a data-led approach (business and people data) to support decision making.
· Act as a thought leader on all things people, creating a vision for senior management buy-in and delivering integrated People initiatives to the wider business.
· Work in partnership with COEs to develop and implement internal programs, best practices and continuously strive to improve processes to ensure alignment with business objectives, strategies and internal/external trends.
· Work in an integrated way with Resource Managers, Business Managers and Finance Directors across EGA to develop a thorough understanding of the business’s operations, its performance drivers and metrics, and the talent impact/changes that need to occur in order to remain flexible and agile.
· Coach internal clients and stakeholders on effective team building, performance management and culture initiatives both reactively and proactively.
· Work in partnership with the CoEs to review local salary benchmarking as well as local benefits and reward schemes, including global compensation team, global mobility on transfers for People throughout EGA ,etc.
· Understand and display good judgment regarding the overall business, applicable laws and policies in various countries/geographies, internal and external culture and values.
· Always seek to be a source of advice and not a barrier to success.
· Serve as an advocate and champion for diversity and inclusion initiatives.
· Live Edelman/EGA values, leading by example and serve as an ambassador of the company brand.
· Consistently measure and analyze program effectiveness, utilizing analytics and redirecting, as needed.
· Lead senior case work and manage employee relations matters in EMEA, escalating as appropriate to EGA global people team leadership.
· Support executive leadership (in partnership with the Marketing and Employee Experience functions) in developing the culture within the Brussels office. In addition, it is the shared responsibility of the People Team, Marketing Team and local Leadership to deliver and build upon the EVP, fostering high employee trust, engagement and retention while making Edelman the destination for talent.
· Proven track record of innovative, game changing HR management, from a professional services firm, leading consulting firm or investment banking.
· A BS/BA in related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to function as an internal coach to management, peers and others by helping them identify and resolve issues.
· Excellent management practices, anticipates internal organization issues, proposes smart solutions, and represents the employee perspective.
· Excellent written and verbal communications, team building skills, and consensus building.
· Exemplary leadership skills with a high degree of influence and persuasion to direct, inspire and motivate a high performing team of human resource professionals to drive success.
· Eight years of progressive experience in Human Resources management as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to senior executives and staff.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.