Account Manager, Brand
Edelman – Brand /
At Edelman, we are trust makers.
We know there are no hard lines anymore, between corporate and consumer, between public affairs and health, between purpose and best-selling products.
That’s why our brand and reputation experts work together, with data-led strategies and deep sector expertise to guide everything we do. So our work can be as integrated, as the outside world already is.
We constantly question and improve because we know our work needs to earn its place in the world. That is what builds trust. And trust is what builds strong relationships and leads to true business impact.
Nothing is more rewarding, than creating something embraced by audiences because it feels relevant. Because It feels real. Because It feels important.
Trust is the sum of all actions and interactions.
- Generate media activation ideas, concepts and strategic media plans for our tech and lifestyle clients
- Maintain and develop key B2C media contacts; pitch stories to national and local print, online, television and radio media, with an additional focus on tech and lifestyle media
- Serve as client’s daily media contact in all media matters and act as client lead when appropriate
- Establishing and maintaining press distribution lists and mailings, and drafting press releases
- Research, interview, write and edit a range of media communications (bios, conference reports, media alerts, pitch emails, post-project recap reports)
- Manage product launches, celebrity campaigns, milestone announcements, media events, participate in desk-side briefings, etc.
- Project responsibility from initial inquiry through conception, implementation and reporting
- Support and coordinate content creation and monitoring of channels and activities
- Respond to media collaboration requests and proactively approach new collaborators
- Planning and execution of media collaborations
- Preparation of cost estimates
- Supervise interns and juniors
- You have a university degree, ideally in communications, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in media relations, ideally in an agency environment
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for networking and media issues
- You have extensive and excellent knowledge of the B2C media landscape in in the Netherlands(print, online and daily media for tech and lifestyle)
- Additional experience with trade and communication media is a plus
- You are a sociable and communicative person
- You have experience managing/coaching teams, or have an ambition to do so
- You have an analytical and structured mindset
- Proficient in Dutch as well as English
- You enjoy working in an international network with colleagues from all over the world and implementing global projects together
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.