New York /
United Entertainment Group – Creative /
A Creative Director at UEG is different...
When you see a brand collaboration, you instantly dissect why it happened and can predict its success.
You see cultural derivatives is slow motion. This inspired that. That inspired this. And you can use this to map logical trajectories.
Most importantly, you can turn all of this into creative solutions for big brands who want to do better. Even brands who you’d never imagine in the conversation. They need a guide. Can you be that guide?
To be a guide in this space, you’ll need to be a storyteller to bring clients along the journey...
It’s hard to define this role at UEG because it doesn’t fit in the expected box you might find at a more traditional agency. At least not a traditional box where creatives only write and art direct television commercial shoots or manifest digital banner ads. This role certainly leverages your years of expertise sharpening your skills, but we really want your vision. We believe your vision and a mild to deep obsession with cultural dot-connecting will make you a thriving Creative Director at UEG.
In a way, we’re describing many of the attributes of a modern day and certainly future Creative. Future Creatives are channel agnostic. They solve business problems and harness opportunities by connecting disparate ideas, people, cultures to make something new. Sure, background is important, but it is a strong view of the future that is most important to a future creative and this role.
An understanding of the underpinnings of what breaks through - and even what doesn’t breakthrough - can lead to ideas that break the foundational walls of marketing and manifest in a yet-to-be-seen partnership, crazy merch collab or an innovative experience that has never existed before. Betting on creative discomfort and disruption that audiences value above all else.
That’s as best we can describe this role - the role of Creative Director, at UEG. Yes, we are known as Entertainment, Sports and Lifestyle marketers but that doesn’t really define us either… See for yourself on our site [uegworldwide.com].
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Working directly with, and supported by the Executive Creative Director, you will be developing original creative concepts, that deliver on brand and on brief, from conception to delivery (get your head out of the script and comp gutter) lots of ways we believe this can be delivered.
- Exceptional deck building skills are an absolute must-have. This goes with storytelling. It’s a huge plus if you are the resident champion deck author and presenter amongst your peers.
- Presenting your ideas clearly to internal and external teams (kind of goes without saying)
- Staying on top of trends through business/industry monitoring and outside resources (culture is a ruler so you gotta know it and it’s a plus for us if you can access to it)
- Ability to own projects, demonstrate good judgment with all stakeholders
- Adding your personality to the culture at the agency;
- Managing your own time & deadlines;
- Presentation deck development;
- Working collaboratively, effectively and respectfully with all internal and external partners
- Having fun while you’re doing it
- At least five – eight years of relevant experience as an art director or writer in an agency setting
- Other senior-level experience that demonstrates an ability to guide a brand or organization in culture-meets-marketing endeavors.
- Relevant education. Bachelor’s degree preferred. But experience is a primary criterion.
- A portfolio with demonstrated examples working across multiple channels & strong art direction and/or design craft
United Entertainment Group is a global entertainment, sports and lifestyle marketing agency and part of the DJE Holdings network. UEG creates breakthrough marketing with the people, properties and platforms that shape culture, and has been recognized with industry awards including Cannes Lions, Clios, OneShow, Sabre Awards, Tellys, and more. UEG, founded in 2007, is headquartered in New York with offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, London, Hamburg and Tokyo and works with FORTUNE 500 companies, celebrities, athletes and leading media properties. For more information visit http://www.uegworldwide.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to disability, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
United Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.